Kraton Hesitation?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dms70

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I noticed a hesitation getting back on the throttle the first time I ran my Kraton v3. This time out it seemed worse, and at times seemed like it was totally dead for a second or two. Now the times it happened the rig was a fair distance away from me, but imo not far enough to be out of rx range. On this most recent outing the changes from stock are: Savox SB2292SG servo, running off a Castle bec at 7.4v, and a Spektrum DX5C radio and rx (whichever rx comes with that radio). Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas? After the first time out (completely stock) I asked my lhs, and he thought it could be a situation from being a sensorless system. I really don’t know myself, so that’s why I’m asking opinions. Oh it was pretty cold out today at around 28-30 degrees F. Also my buddy had his Kraton v3 out too, stock, and he didn’t experience it.

Were you rolling backward or similar situation? Sometimes any truck I have can come out of the hole less quick after I let off for a bit or use reverse and try to come up immediately. I was under the assumption it's remedied with sensored motor / esc. I've only owned sensorless. I know the feeling.
I have an MT10E that had an 80a esc for 3s and it would stall and stutter to gain speed. Even from stationary. ESC was bad and got replacement.
I don't think this is your case though. I think it's normal what you're experiencing and imo it could just take getting the groove or finding the flow of bashing. Not sure? Just my thoughts because I experience the same on all my trucks.

I wasn’t in reverse, but more off throttle rolling and turning it around to head back towards me. Perhaps it is normal, and just something I’ve never experienced. Will be back out tomorrow along with my buddy, and I’ll see if he notices it. I’m hoping it’s something that can be remedied because it’s a disappointing feeling, temporarily loosing control.

I need to do some testing but now I’m thinking it’s a loss of signal issue. Happened a couple times today. It acts just like it’s out of range, even though I’m not that far away from it. Seeing that the radio system is a loaner anyway, I may just swap it out.

Found a slightly cracked antenna lead on the rx. Replaced it with a new one, and tested it out in a big lot at my lhs. So far so good. Will run it more this weekend.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back