Big Rock Is the big rock normally loud

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noshowmike

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
I just got mine last night did one test drive in a big grassy area this morning no jumping or anything crazy just some back and forths trying to get a feel for it. It sounds so loud when throttled. is that normal straight out of the box?? I've only had a cheap 1/16 hyper go before the arrma still learning just curious if I should send it back before I can't return it

Post up a video, but yes these rigs have loud drivetrains.

Video would help. Yes, metal gears are loud compared to the plastic gears.

Post up a video, but yes these rigs have loud drivetrains.
Alright so it's like driving fine and then makes the loud clunky sound and basically stops then if I go in reverse it's all of a sudden fine. Is it possible a rock is stuck one of the diffs maybe?
It didn't actually upload the video 🙄

You have to upload to a place like YouTube and post a link here. 👍

Hard to say but I would first pull the power module. With it removed how does front and rear move? Smooth? Then pull the cover off the power module (3 screws) and take a look at the spur and pinion gears. Check the motor bearings as well (any play in the motor shaft?). Is the motor plate straight? Check for bends. How are the bearings?

Proper gear mesh is important. Also sealing the power module helped us immensely with these 3s rigs (search the forum for that).

Hope that provides a good start.

You are right though, sometimes the binding you describe could be a chipped tooth on a front/rear diff. Lucky for you the 3s rigs are very easy to work on. 😉

I wouldnt discount the electrics either, and make sure the ESC and Motor are in good working order. If you suspect the problem is not mechanical, the ESC could be gliching or your Radio/Receiver may have an issue. There is alot more to these hobby grade RC's than people initiallly think.

There are tons of videos and resources on this forum as well to help guide you.

And of course, ask away, too many awesome members here to count!

car GIF

Last edited:
You have to upload to a place like YouTube and post a link here. 👍

Hard to say but I would first pull the power module. With it removed how does front and rear move? Smooth? Then pull the cover off the power module (3 screws) and take a look at the spur and pinion gears. Check the motor bearings as well (any play in the motor shaft?). Is the motor plate straight? Check for bends. How are the bearings?

Proper gear mesh is important. Also sealing the power module helped us immensely with these 3s rigs (search the forum for that).

Hope that provides a good start.

You are right though, sometimes the binding you describe could be a chipped tooth on a front/rear diff. Lucky for you the 3s rigs are very easy to work on. 😉

I wouldnt discount the electrics either, and make sure the ESC and Motor are in good working order. If you suspect the problem is not mechanical, the ESC could be gliching or your Radio/Receiver may have an issue. There is alot more to these hobby grade RC's than people initiallly think.

There are tons of videos and resources on this forum as well to help guide you.

And of course, ask away, too many awesome members here to count!

car GIF

If it's a broken or chipped gear I think I'm just going to send it back since I bought it from Amazon I'll just get it replaced

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back