Lipo Battery Weight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Logan's_Rcs

Reaction score
Hey all,

So my SMC 5500mah 6s recently died, and I am searching for a good replacement for my tekno MT410. I was thinking about just ordering another SMC, as I didn't always take care of the one that just died, so it could've been my fault.

Anyways, I came across a Liperior 4000mah 6s, and a turnigy 4000mah 6s, both of which weight more than my 5500 by a decent bit. Does that mean that SMC may be lying about the Mah, or are some packs just heavier than others?

Thanks!

I would only use battery weight when comparing between different lipo packs of the same company and same model type. IE, generic Zeee 6500mah 100C 4s pack compared to a generic Zeee 5500mah 120C 4s pack. Even then, I've had lipo packs not match up the listed weight at all. So take the posted weight worth a grain of salt.

SMC is probably the most honest and well built brand of LiPos you can throw money at. Their mAh and discharge rates are real numbers and not overinflated like from other manufacturers (120C, etc). There's a reason why they're expensive.

That being said, as @CrashBoom mentioned, it all depends on the materials, packaging and even wiring.

Back