New to Lipo batteries. Is this new battery bad from CNHL?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Defense

Reaction score
Hey there. 2 new batteries from CNHL website came in today. One of the 3s batteries looks swollen and squishes like there is air in one of the cells. Second battery came with a charge of 2.9v šŸ˜ž

First battery
20240313_090945.jpg

20240313_091004.jpg

20240313_090956.jpg

Here's the second batteries storage/shipping charge

20240313_111045.jpg

Last edited:
Looks fine to me. Companies sometimes change the cells and they can have variations in the cell size by a few mm.
the thing to look for would be puffing where it looks like its full of air.

Make sure to read up on storage and storage voltage if you have not already.

Toss it on a charger and check the cells.. resistance and voltage will tell you all..

I feel like my gensacearespammers d300 should be able to tell me the IR but alas I don't think it does

20240313_105441.jpg

20240313_105434.jpg

Lol. Just plugged in the other new 3s (non swollen) here are the voltages

20240313_111045.jpg

20240313_111045.jpg

Last edited:
I had a run in or two with CNHL lipos that shipped with too low of voltage. I bought mine through amazon so it was easy to return. If you bought them direct, I would definitely contact them. From what I've read on the forum here, they have some of the best customer service you can get with lipos. I suspect they would make everything right.

2.9 not good. Charger might only tell you IR while charging. Battery checker will give you the IR quick and easy.

That's a bummer. Looks like you did get a bad one.
Contact them, they should make it right. Overall I think they are good batteries and a pretty good company to deal with.

Ya. Things happen. I heard good things their batteries. I've reached out to them and hopefully have it resolved

Send an email to Jasmine with pictures of the shipping label, the package, and all items you received.

Was there any damage to the package? They will open an investigation with the shipping carrier if required.

1710359256072.png

Send an email to Jasmine with pictures of the shipping label, the package, and all items you received.

Was there any damage to the package? They will open an investigation with the shipping carrier if required.

View attachment 354422

No damage to the shipping box or boxes. Everything looked well packaged. Just a battery that appears swollen and another with a low charge. The 6s battery that came in looked good. I sent Jasmine an email with pictures and order number.

I've had similar experiences from other makers on ebay and Amazon. These factories make so many batteries daily, that most can't check every single pack prior to shipping.

While a pita, how well they treat you after purchase is a big factor on whether or not to keep buying. I had an identical battery scenario with SMC, they resolved my issue immediately and even upgraded the battery.

Back