Mojave Mojave 4s Diff "Fluids"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Mojave 4s
  3. Senton 3s
  4. Senton Mega
  5. Vendetta
  6. Infraction 4x4
I've been enjoying my new Mojave 4s thoroughly and have already changed out the center diff "fluid" to 1M. I can see a difference in ballooning of the front tires, and was wondering a few things and hope you guys can help:
1. The spec page lists diff fluid as 500k, would it be correct to assume they mean in all 3?
2. I've read on some other rigs guys are running something like 50k/100k/30k for example, so say I'm now running 500k/1M/500k should I lessen the rear?

My goal is to significantly lessen ballooning of the front tires. I now realize that gnarly lawnmower growl it makes is the front tires and I've already worn bald spots in the center of the tires because of this running on asphalt.

I've stiffened the rear shocks and have given up on trying to wheelie it for now, it's just a blast to hoon around with, and I'm ready to throw on my shelf queen body and new set of tires and ride those out toward sunset. Any ideas on this diff fluid switch? Thanks!

The thicker you run the center the thinner you can run the front. The thinner you run the front the better it will do tight corners. I recommend 30/1M/30. Everyone has their own opinion when it comes to diff fluid, a little experimentation will take you a long way.

If you run more 50k in your front or rear on a 4s truck it will drive funny in a bad way. 500k in you F/R would be the same as installing diff locker in a 4s truck.

Last edited:
The thicker you run the center the thinner you can run the front. The thinner you run the front the better it will do tight corners. I recommend 30/1M/30. Everyone has their own opinion when it comes to diff fluid, a little experimentation will take you a long way.
Thanks Steve, I appreciate this. it seems most conversations re diff fluid weights are centered around racing which I don't do.

I'm trying to get to the bottom of what setup I could use to minimize front tire ballooning with my heavy trigger finger.

I'm going to crack open the fronts and see what's in there.

Thanks Steve, I appreciate this. it seems most conversations re diff fluid weights are centered around racing which I don't do.

I'm trying to get to the bottom of what setup I could use to minimize front tire ballooning with my heavy trigger finger.

I'm going to crack open the fronts and see what's in there.
Mojave 4s should be 20,000 cSt FR / 500,000 cSt Center / 20,000 cSt REAR

Let me know how your fluid looks in front and rear! My order of diff fluids arrives today and I was debating checking the front and rear diff fluid levels to see if they were filled properly out of the factory.

I was so busy try

Let me know how your fluid looks in front and rear! My order of diff fluids arrives today and I was debating checking the front and rear diff fluid levels to see if they were filled properly out of the factory

Let me know how your fluid looks in front and rear! My order of diff fluids arrives today and I was debating checking the front and rear diff fluid levels to see if they were filled properly out of the factory.
I probably should have checked when I was trying to rebuild her, faster, str...but I didn't. It's confusing on their spec page as they only list "diff fluid" at 500k and don't specify.

I may have to go even higher than the 1mil un the center now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back