Mojave Arrma Mojave 4S steering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

murgas1

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave 4s
Trying to take slop out of steering on Mojave ordered and installed new aluminum suspension and steering components but the aftermarket tie rods for steering don’t have enough misalignment to allow full suspension travel. Put stock tie rod in and it will work except I’ve worn out a few of them already. Anyone know of aluminum replacements with enough misalignment?

image.jpg

image.jpg

Trying to take slop out of steering on Mojave ordered and installed new aluminum suspension and steering components but the aftermarket tie rods for steering don’t have enough misalignment to allow full suspension travel. Put stock tie rod in and it will work except I’ve worn out a few of them already. Anyone know of aluminum replacements with enough misalignment?

View attachment 349734

View attachment 349735

What you need to do is to use a longer M3 bolt and add some spacers under the steering linkage on the outer mount to lift it up and give you enough room for full travel without any binding.

(Either that or use some inner shock limiters to "Shorten" your shock travel..)

Personally, I wouldn't use Aluminum suspension arms 3S or 4S lineup ,because they will only transfers any impact/shock directly into the chassis hinge area.. Causing it to crack or completely ripping out the hinge pins.) Just a courtesy heads up.

Does the 4s mojave use the same lame 3s servo saver or has that finally been addressed? I’ve just started running mine without a SS. Except my 4s vorteks that I like to jump on occasion.

What you need to do is to use a longer M3 bolt and add some spacers under the steering linkage on the outer mount to lift it up and give you enough room for full travel without any binding.

(Either that or use some inner shock limiters to "Shorten" your shock travel..)

Personally, I wouldn't use Aluminum suspension arms 3S or 4S lineup ,because they will only transfers any impact/shock directly into the chassis hinge area.. Causing it to crack or completely ripping out the hinge pins.) Just a courtesy heads up.
In the pictures attached both steering arms have spacers and longer screws to aid in the alignment of rod ends it’s just the the stock arms have a greater degree of misalignment that I would need on an aluminum replacement. In the case of the aluminum arms I am aware of the possible issues but I do have enough of Jenny’s spares to build another truck. I love Jenny’s RC

Does the 4s mojave use the same lame 3s servo saver or has that finally been addressed? I’ve just started running mine without a SS. Except my 4s vorteks that I like to jump on occasion.
I’ve replaced the servo saver with a GPM unit (not as strong as stock believe it or not) and I’m gonna probably look at ways of stiffening it up although with stock steering arms it seems to be better due to the fact the conform to the angles better.

In the pictures attached both steering arms have spacers and longer screws to aid in the alignment of rod ends it’s just the the stock arms have a greater degree of misalignment that I would need on an aluminum replacement. In the case of the aluminum arms I am aware of the possible issues but I do have enough of Jenny’s spares to build another truck. I love Jenny’s RC

I’ve replaced the servo saver with a GPM unit (not as strong as stock believe it or not) and I’m gonna probably look at ways of stiffening it up although with stock steering arms it seems to be better due to the fact the conform to the angles better.
I’m going to throw one of these on my 4s vorteks eventually. I understand it’s a fairly easy mod, simply lift up the receiver/servo box enough to fit it. The cars that I don’t jump I will leave without a servo saver.

IMG_2082.png

Back