Mojave Mojave with Custom Mud Guards

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mboss

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Just picked up the v2 mojave...and the hype is real! Love how the truck handles over the terrain...so much more fun to drive than my Kraton (which is super smooth). This makes driving over regular/flat terrian fun with the way the suspension handles.

Anyway, I was annoyed with the amount of dirt collected and decided to make some mud guards (front/back). Tools needed sheet of lexan .060 width (amazon for $7)...dremel saw and black paint. haven't tested outside yet...but know it will hold up well (made rear guards for Kraton and have lasted 2+years)

20201202_155345.jpg

20201202_155351.jpg

20201202_155536.jpg

Last edited:
Just picked up the v2 mojave...and the hype is real! Love how the truck handles over the terrain...so much more fun to drive than my Kraton (which is super smooth). This makes driving over regular/flat terrian fun with the way the suspension handles.

Anyway, I was annoyed with the amount of dirt collected and decided to make some mud guards (front/back). Tools needed sheet of lexan .060 width (amazon for $7)...dremel saw and black paint. haven't tested outside yet...but know it will hold up well (made rear guards for Kraton and have lasted 2+years)

View attachment 112102

View attachment 112103

View attachment 112104
I lightened up you pic so all the Mojaver's out there can seen the front mud guards more clearly.

Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 1.58.57 PM.png

I can buy these mud guards , ONLY if i get free cooler fans to both motor and esc.

These things need alot free air .

If you are serious and love your Mojave 1/7 alot.
Please google
scorchedparts

great cars needs great solutions i think

One more thing
What happens when i drive it 8s full speed?
These things make my car slower or leave the ground and fly ?

Sorry
don't do it again.

Go to
scorchedparts
Please

This rig is not cheap
And this Rig is one of the best ever made.

This Rig needs professional parts only

SEND IT

Last edited:
I can buy these mud guards , ONLY if i get free cooler fans to both motor and esc.

These things need alot free air .

If you are serious and love your Mojave 1/7 alot.
Please google
scorchedparts

great cars needs great solutions i think
I started by looking at scorched...but didnt want to spend $50+ on plastic guards...Im going try this and check temps...if it keeps dirt out but runs hot I will drill holes in front guards to increase air flow....run/test/adjust (repeat)

I started by looking at scorched...but didnt want to spend $50+ on plastic guards...Im going try this and check temps...if it keeps dirt out but runs hot I will drill holes in front guards to increase air flow....run/test/adjust (repeat)
yOU WILL have heat issues
And after drilling, you have dirt in there again.

Please
Do it right
spend that 50
this car is worth it. Trust me please

Please
Do it right
spend that 50
Question for you.....I bought the scorched fenders for myMojave v2.

Found a helpful video on YouTube, need to get my own hardware, as the little bag was deficient of what was supposed to be in there, not a biggy....

question....the scorched fender covers the stock Velcro that attaches to the body.....

what did you do for that? Did you peel off the Velcro and reaffix It to the side of the fender? If so, what glue did you use?

just a noob question....any help appreciated

Question for you.....I bought the scorched fenders for myMojave v2.

Found a helpful video on YouTube, need to get my own hardware, as the little bag was deficient of what was supposed to be in there, not a biggy....

question....the scorched fender covers the stock Velcro that attaches to the body.....

what did you do for that? Did you peel off the Velcro and reaffix It to the side of the fender? If so, what glue did you use?

This may not be a popular opinion, but as soon as I got my mojave and took the body off a few times, I removed that velcro. one day you will have a battery or esc catch fire, and you want to be able to get that body off as fast as you possibly can. When I am just running the mojave up and down the road, I don't even use all the body clips. when a fire starts..... a few seconds can be the difference between a few melted parts, or an entire rig burning to the ground.

This may not be a popular opinion, but as soon as I got my mojave and took the body off a few times, I removed that velcro. one day you will have a battery or esc catch fire, and you want to be able to get that body off as fast as you possibly can. When I am just running the mojave up and down the road, I don't even use all the body clips. when a fire starts..... a few seconds can be the difference between a few melted parts, or an entire rig burning to the ground.
Understand, thank you for your feedback. I'm going to have to think about it. Haven't had time to sit down with my little Mojave because of my work period but I will have time in the next few days. I understand about the fire aspect we'll have to weigh the benefits versus the potential harm.... Without the velcro do you get much parachute action from the body when you send it in the air?

Take the velcro off the outriggers before you attach your Scorched wheel wells to them. After you have them installed you can reinstall velcro onto the scorched "rocker panels" or leave it off. Haven't put mine on yet but you may need fresh strips of velcro to adhere properly. Great advice from @skidmarkus to consider also though. Cheers

Take the velcro off the outriggers before you attach your Scorched wheel wells to them. After you have them installed you can reinstall velcro onto the scorched "rocker panels" or leave it off. Haven't put mine on yet but you may need fresh strips of velcro to adhere properly. Great advice from @skidmarkus to consider also though. Cheers
Thank you sir

Understand, thank you for your feedback. I'm going to have to think about it. Haven't had time to sit down with my little Mojave because of my work period but I will have time in the next few days. I understand about the fire aspect we'll have to weigh the benefits versus the potential harm.... Without the velcro do you get much parachute action from the body when you send it in the air?
I have the scorched rc guards as well and find its like jumping a wing glider when you get tons of air, lol. The only difference i noticed with or without the velcro is it takes longer to get the body off with it on. Thats it. Its a neat little gimmick they have and when i first got the truck i thought it was pretty cool. Now its just pointless.

Please
Do it right
spend that 50
He WILL NOT necessarily have heat issues. Depends on his overall setup. Pinion, motor, esc, what he runs on, how hard he runs it, how long he runs it, etc, etc, etc. It's a great truck but it isn't so magical that it's somehow disrespectful to solve a problem in a creative way. He had a great idea, hopefully it works. The scorched fenders are very good but they aren't perfect either. Spending money is no more "doing it right" than using your creativity to solve a problem.

He WILL NOT necessarily have heat issues. Depends on his overall setup. Pinion, motor, esc, what he runs on, how hard he runs it, how long he runs it, etc, etc, etc. It's a great truck but it isn't so magical that it's somehow disrespectful to solve a problem in a creative way. He had a great idea, hopefully it works. The scorched fenders are very good but they aren't perfect either. Spending money is no more "doing it right" than using your creativity to solve a problem.
Agreed! Creative ingenuity should never be stifled ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back