Motor HELP please!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meyerauto

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me the difference between the two Spektrum 5687 1100 KV Motors? SPMXSM4200
SPMXSM2500
Other than the price and the orange end caps on the 2500 I don't see a single difference I even reached out to Spectrum tech support and they told me they didn't know I know that the 4200 is the direct replacement for the Krarton 8s other than that I don't see a single difference in all the specifications?

That is one very good question there.
I think the all black one is the newer revision if I had to guess. I searched around. I see the exact same pricing for both. No other differences except cosmetically. Both have 8mm Shaft etc.
Very possible that internally, they just made some minor revisions that don't really affect performance.
I would love to have both here to test on my BLX Motor
Analyzer.
Love to dissect all my motors when new before running them. Adding some oil Lube to the BB's as well while I am there. Double Checking the shimming etc. Then retesting them. I have caught some pretty bad NIB motors before. A bad BB, dry BB's, Bad phase timing, poorly shimmed, some don't even Test out close to their advertsided spec'ed KV rating etc. HW motors are usually on point. Sometimes I may even swap out the Chromium BB's for Ceramics out the gate. (my speed runners) But the Firma stuff can be a mixed bag IMHO. Usually tested at lower KV's than rated. With bad BB's that are noisy and dry as a bone. Smart to always add a drop of Synthetic motor oil to any new Motor's BB's. Before bashing with it.
Most don't even bother to open and check their new Motors, or for regular maintenance. Until it is too late. I get that.:cool:

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back