Big Rock Need help diagnosing problem on Big Rock 3s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gtsop

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I had a pretty gnarly crash and now all the wheels don’t move in and give some resistance when I try to manually move the car - thank you. Let me know if you have any suggestions or if you need another video

I was thinking it’s the slipper clutch

Last edited:
Time to start pulling apart and investigating. Pull the center shaft and see what the front feels like. Pull the module and feel the rear. If both check out pull the module apart and see whats going on in there. The binding is somewhere. Just gotta look.

Welcome to the forum btw!

Agree with the above. Time to pull the motor and see if things are jammed up. Loads of videos online like the one posted. Take your time, enjoy the zen of repair :)

If I had to guess you bent the motor mount and the pinion is jammed into the spur. Pull the power module apart and check.

You think this might be the problem? Looks pretty bent

image.jpg

Yep!
Flip it over so the bend is up ( n ) and hammer it down flat while you wait for a new one.
Jennys rc my friend.

Are the 4s Arrmas shipping with the 6mm plate and the 3s are still shipping with the 5mm plate?

Are the 4s Arrmas shipping with the 6mm plate and the 3s are still shipping with the 5mm plate?

Yes, I believe so.
I think you would need to get the red lock that holds the module in place also?? Id think if you used the thicker mount you wouldn't get that lock in place. Its a super tight fit as they are.

That is an option though. Do both. Beefier mount.

Yes, I believe so.
I think you would need to get the red lock that holds the module in place also?? Id think if you used the thicker mount you wouldn't get that lock in place. Its a super tight fit as they are.

That is an option though. Do both. Beefier mount.
Oh idk you would have to ask some of the guys who upgraded to the 6mm mount. I think @Velodromed has done it.

Oh idk you would have to ask some of the guys who upgraded to the 6mm mount. I think @Velodromed has done it.
The 6 mm mount comes on the 4s line, the 3S infraction and the vendetta. The locking red piece is the same with either mount. It is extremely strong. I have one on my granite that I tend to lawn dart often and have not bent it yet.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back