New Redcat Ascent Fusion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rowdyray

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Granite Grom
  4. Granite Mega
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Typhon 3s
  7. Typhon Mega
Now that is cool! Redcat answered

Last edited:
I only just started looking into 1/10 crawlers, but this one looks like a FANTASTIC value.

Initially I was just thinking of picking up a TRX4 sport because they currently have a "free winch" deal. But then I started leaning towards the TRX4 kit so I could have lockable diffs and 2-speed transmission and pick my own body. Then I started looking at the Element Ecto or Zuul because those look SWEET. Or maybe the Vanquish Phoenix. And now I've landed on the Redcat Ascent Fusion, but nobody seems to have them in stock :(

I only just started looking into 1/10 crawlers, but this one looks like a FANTASTIC value.

Initially I was just thinking of picking up a TRX4 sport because they currently have a "free winch" deal. But then I started leaning towards the TRX4 kit so I could have lockable diffs and 2-speed transmission and pick my own body. Then I started looking at the Element Ecto or Zuul because those look SWEET. Or maybe the Vanquish Phoenix. And now I've landed on the Redcat Ascent Fusion, but nobody seems to have them in stock :(
Give it some time. This will be my first 1/10th scale. The amount of thought put into this is worth the wait.

Give it some time. This will be my first 1/10th scale. The amount of thought put into this is worth the wait.

I'd really like to build up a kit. I've been saying that ever since I got into RC a year ago, but I keep finding good deals on used items so I haven't yet been able to justify buying a new kit that I can build up myself. Part of me wants to buy either the SCX10 pro kit or one of the Vanquish kits, but I also don't know whether I'll 100% be into crawling. So the smart thing to do seems to be to buy a relatively affordable RTR crawler, then take the plunge and go all out on building a kit.

There seems to be a crazy amount of aftermarket/customization options available in the crawling world. It's a lot to take in!

I'd really like to build up a kit. I've been saying that ever since I got into RC a year ago, but I keep finding good deals on used items so I haven't yet been able to justify buying a new kit that I can build up myself. Part of me wants to buy either the SCX10 pro kit or one of the Vanquish kits, but I also don't know whether I'll 100% be into crawling. So the smart thing to do seems to be to buy a relatively affordable RTR crawler, then take the plunge and go all out on building a kit.

There seems to be a crazy amount of aftermarket/customization options available in the crawling world. It's a lot to take in!
Built enough kits back in the day. Getting too old. Would rather just buy one I can run. Usually have to tear it down shortly for one reason or another. Or there are a ton of parts breakers. Buy a roller and make it your own.

There definitely is a crazy amount of options in the crawling world. I had no idea either until I bought the TRX4M. And, WOW! Spent way too much money making some of mine great. Wished I would have waited. Now you can buy an awesome rig, in any size, for a decent price. For less than I spent on some. But. it is fun making it your own.

I got one

20240407_003522-01.jpeg

20240407_165148-02.jpeg

Back