New toy to play with.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FatCatRC

FatCat Team Racing
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Notorious
Got a gift from my neighbor it’s an ecx but I’m not sure what one. All my spares from my boost fit on it and the aluminum arms I had that didn’t fit the boost fit this thing. It’s 2wd he gave me a Jeep’s body with it but I know it’s not stock. I tossed my broken up blx 185 on it and a 3600kv 3s motor. And I tossed on the aluminum tower I had. Gunna glue the servo saver and install the arrma 15kg I have, she is a bit sloppy rn.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Got a gift from my neighbor it’s an ecx but I’m not sure what one. All my spares from my boost fit on it and the aluminum arms I had that didn’t fit the boost fit this thing. It’s 2wd he gave me a Jeep’s body with it but I know it’s not stock. I tossed my broken up blx 185 on it and a 3600kv 3s motor. And I tossed on the aluminum tower I had. Gunna glue the servo saver and install the arrma 15kg I have, she is a bit sloppy rn.

View attachment 121053

View attachment 121054
Judging by the tires it is an Ecx Ruckus 2wd. With that brushless system I would tear apart the gearbox and make sure that it has the metal gears if not be careful until you get the metal Tranny gears.
Zip tie the servo saver.

Judging by the tires it is an Ecx Ruckus 2wd. With that brushless system I would tear apart the gearbox and make sure that it has the metal gears if not be careful until you get the metal Tranny gears.
Zip tie the servo saver.
It has metal gears I popped open the gearbox and looked. Getting it all cleaned up right now and rebuilding the shocks and greasing everything up. Do you mean wrap a ziptie around the saver like the metal ring does?

It has metal gears I popped open the gearbox and looked. Getting it all cleaned up right now and rebuilding the shocks and greasing everything up. Do you mean wrap a ziptie around the saver like the metal ring does?
Yes sir put it right over the metal ring. Another option is to buy another servo saver and put another ring on it.

My 1/10 Ruckus is the rc car I have had the longest bought it bnib in August of 2015.

Yes sir put it right over the metal ring. Another option is to buy another servo saver and put another ring on it.

My 1/10 Ruckus is the rc car I have had the longest bought it bnib in August of 2015.
Yeah that's what I got, sweet thanks now I know what it is. I wanna get proper shocks to replace the fake piggybacks, a new slipper and the metal spur. Maybe the aluminum rear arms to match the front. This thing will never see a ramp it would split in half on the landing, gunna run it at my local track or let the kids play with it. I have another ring so I'll try popping that on, presently installing the arrma servo.

Well she is all cleaned up, oiled and ready to give it a real go. I gotta find new body mounts for it and maybe a new body. Any aftermarkets that you know will fit @slick2500

Yeah that's what I got, sweet thanks now I know what it is. I wanna get proper shocks to replace the fake piggybacks, a new slipper and the metal spur. Maybe the aluminum rear arms to match the front. This thing will never see a ramp it would split in half on the landing, gunna run it at my local track or let the kids play with it. I have another ring so I'll try popping that on, presently installing the arrma servo.

Basically Traxxas shocks are your best bet. If money isn't an issue get GTRs or just get Ultra shocks with aluminum caps.

Hot Racing is about the only place that makes aftermarket parts for the Ecx line other than the Ecx factory upgrades.

I jump mine all the time, but it has Rpm a arms on it. Only time I broke it was when I hit a water shutoff valve.
20170117_135458.jpg

Basically Traxxas shocks are your best bet. If money isn't an issue get GTRs or just get Ultra shocks with aluminum caps.

Hot Racing is about the only place that makes aftermarket parts for the Ecx line other than the Ecx factory upgrades.

I jump mine all the time, but it has Rpm a arms on it. Only time I broke it was when I hit a water shutoff valve.
View attachment 121125
Nah @slick2500 I meant aftermarket bodies? I know hr has stuff for them I have a few things for my boost and the spur I want for this guy is hr. It's old and it's getting increasingly hard to find parts for these old ecx cars so I don't wanna jump it. I need new shocks though these are pretty pooched and all the eyelets on the caps are cracked.

Nah @slick2500 I meant aftermarket bodies? I know hr has stuff for them I have a few things for my boost and the spur I want for this guy is hr. It's old and it's getting increasingly hard to find parts for these old ecx cars so I don't wanna jump it. I need new shocks though these are pretty pooched and all the eyelets on the caps are cracked.

Not a lot of bodies fit. Basically the open wheel bodies for the Slash, the bug bodies with the fenders trimmed off, the Big Rock Crew Cab body, the HPI Bullet Mt body is close and maybe the Maxx body. Dimensions of the Ruckus are about the same as the Arrma Big Rock Crew Cab.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back