Gorgon No steering out of the box

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have throttle? Check the servo plug, is it in backwards or fully down? Is the battery fully charged?
Throttle - yes.
Servo - fully plugged in and grey wire on the side with on/off switch.

Battery is at 76-99%% but I'll try charging to 100%

Throttle - yes.

OK...the diagram is really confusing and I didn't want to ruin anything but looks like it was just my stupidity and I had the wires backward.

😳

Last edited:
Throttle - yes.

OK...the diagram is really confusing and I didn't want to ruin anything but looks like it was just my stupidity and I had the wires backward.

😳
We've all done it. Glad you got it sorted. Now send it to the moon.

On the Spektrum (and most other) receivers the negative wire should face “outside” on the receiver when plugged in. ESC in channel two, servo in channel one, bind and calibrate the radio.

In the diagram on page 16, the zoomed in photo shows the grey wire on the corner of the esc but the zoomed out one has the wire on the left side. Is the zoomed in photo wrong?
Screenshot_20240321_141645_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

It could be. I always thought black was negative as shown next to the S on steering. Zoomed out looks correct. If it steers backwards swap the button on the radio to make it correct. Maybe that's why it's showing both ways. Because the servo is upside down in the chassis.

In the diagram on page 16, the zoomed in photo shows the grey wire on the corner of the esc but the zoomed out one has the wire on the left side. Is the zoomed in photo wrong?
View attachment 356010
Thats a good catch, it looks like it is wrong in the zoomed photo. IF, and I only mean IF the — mark on the left is indeed an indicator of the negative side. If it is, then the signal wire (white) is in the negative slot and the cable is reversed. Can someone verify? I don’t have any Arrmas with that kind of combo-ESC. @Xjeepguy ? I know you’re rocking some Gorgons. 😊
IMG_3221.jpeg

I have a Gorgon but can't remember which way it was, I've converted it to brushless. But the Arrma website shows it black to the inside. I used a Spektrum 100a ESC & a aftermarket servo, installed plug correctly & had to flip the switch on the radio to R because the steering was backwards maybe because the servo is upside down I guess.

Screenshot_20240321_205621_Chrome.jpg

Flip it and give her a try. Won't hurt anything. I've done it a million times, even with high end servos. I never had a brushed gorgon, so I don't know for certain which is correct.

Back