Granite Original Granite Battery Bay Dimensions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justjackyl

Reaction score
Got my hands on a mint original Granite. They seller lost the batteries. I've been running on 2S no problems of course, but am trying to locate a NiMh 7-Cell for the extra boost in voltage as I plan to leave this brushed. My best measurement came out to 148mm length but all the batteries I see are hump packs which are taller than the 31.75mm I loosely measured for height space and all the flat packs I'm seeing are coming in around 155mm. The connector on the battery doesn't matter as I can change it to a T plug. Does anyone know the exact dimensions of the battery bay because maybe my measurements are off or a 7-Cell battery pack that will fit?

Not really answering your question, but I would stick to lipo, the small speed boost you will get from a 7 cell nimh might last a minute or so before the voltage starts to rapidly drop off. Not to mention most 7 cell nimh batteries cost more than the same mah 2s lipo pack.

Not really answering your question, but I would stick to lipo, the small speed boost you will get from a 7 cell nimh might last a minute or so before the voltage starts to rapidly drop off. Not to mention most 7 cell nimh batteries cost more than the same mah 2s lipo pack.
Agreed you will have more sustainable power with the lipo and save a bunch of weight as well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back