Outcast Outcast 4s battery info.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Incognito

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Not sure if I'm in the right section, but I want to know what's a good battery for the outcast 4s? One battery or two?
Whats the best mah, rate, ect?
Thanks in advanced.

Look to CNHL on AMZ. Might find a deal. 5000-6000mah is a good choice. If you are good with soldering, you have more choices/ better selection. Can possibly get a good deal with a lipo that has any type of connector. Just solder on your own. What I do. Never use Lipo connector adapters on you rig.(n)
There are many choices. Just make sure you know the dimensions of your 4x4 lipo tray for a proper fit when shopping.
Welcome to AF.

Look to CNHL on AMZ. Might find a deal. 5000-6000mah is a good choice. If you are good with soldering, you have more choices/ better selection. Can possibly get a good deal with a lipo that has any type of connector. Just solder on your own. What I do. Never use Lipo connector adapters on you rig.(n)
There are many choices. Just make sure you know the dimensions of your 4x4 lipo tray for a proper fit when shopping.
Thanks for the info.
Why not use adapters? I'm currently using them now and haven't had any issues, well not that I know of.
Welcome to AF.
Should I use one battery or two?

Use one lipo. Best.
Adapters are ok for connecting a Lipo to your charger. That is all. On the Rig, adapters become bottlenecks. Less efficient amp draw. Can get hot. A liability. It is just not correct from an electrical standpoint. You increase resistance across the Voltage circuit. Increasing potential failure points.
Using an adapter between the lipo and ESC is the Lazy mans way of doing it. Just run matching connectors for the ESC and Lipo. The rule.
Do it right. Or just wait till you fry your ESC and lipo. Your call.
Getting away with doing it so far, is just tempting fate.:giggle:
You are not alone. Many get burned first before they realize this and change their ways in regards.
Been there.
Ther are limited exceptions to this and paying special attention to the adapters and their temps is paramount. Like when running paralell leads with Road speed runners, etc. High end expert level rigs.

Last edited:
Use one lipo. Best.
Adapters are ok for connecting a Lipo to your charger. That is all. On the Rig, adapters become bottlenecks. Less efficient amp draw. Can get hot. A liability. It is just not correct from an electrical standpoint. You increase resistance across the Voltage circuit. Increasing potential failure points.
Using an adapter between the lipo and ESC is the Lazy mans way of doing it. Just run matching connectors for the ESC and Lipo. The rule.
Do it right. Or just wait till you fry your ESC and lipo. Your call.
Getting away with doing it so far, is just tempting fate.:giggle:
You are not alone. Many get burned first before they realize this and change their ways in regards.
Been there.
Ther are limited exceptions to this and paying special attention to the adapters and their temps is paramount. Like when running paralell leads with Road speed runners, etc. High end expert level rigs.
Thanks for the good info. It's good to know that.

I buy Hoovo batteries and run them in my 4s Granite. I love them. I get 100C 6500 mah from Amazon at a pretty good price.

Am I able to use ovatonic batteries in a Arrma Outcast 4s? I want to get one but I don’t know what battery’s to get should I just use Traxxas batteries for it by just using a adapter or should I get new batteries with a new charger I have no idea what to do.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back