Outcast The Outcast 4S V2.5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found and ordered an Outcast 4s mount for the Max8 esc from ebay. I could not figure out a good way to mount the max8 because it is so big that it covers the receiver box lid screws so the esc would need removed before the lid screws came off which is impossible when they are covered and to remove the esc the lid needs to come off. I only got one screw in because of this problem and on an impact broke the esc mount already. Luckily found this.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/295176484296?var=593638379900
does this work with the 8bl150 g2?

Found and ordered an Outcast 4s mount for the Max8 esc from ebay. I could not figure out a good way to mount the max8 because it is so big that it covers the receiver box lid screws so the esc would need removed before the lid screws came off which is impossible when they are covered and to remove the esc the lid needs to come off. I only got one screw in because of this problem and on an impact broke the esc mount already. Luckily found this.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/295176484296?var=593638379900
Ah, nice. I haven't a 4s, so I didn't realize that's how they're setup from factory. Looks like a nice setup though with the mount you found.
I would probably have ditched the radio box and put the receiver wherever I could have with servo tape, LOL. This looks much better! And keeps the receiver safe. Nice find.👍👌

New Max8 ESC mount for the Outcast came in. Looks great and should work well. Debating on cutting the button holder off or deinstalling one fan? I currently have the button stuck to the top of the servo. It works, but I don't like it.

20240531_164600.jpg

I ordered front steering and camber links from Integy. Just frustrated with the plastic link ends and mismatching pivot and rods creating so much slop. When I get on the throttle the truck wants to steer a little one way which is due to slop. The links look to be all metal with rubber bushings around the pivot ball. We'll see how they turn out.
https://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p_prodid=46207&p_catid=560

I also figured most aftermarket parts are toy grade because you can't buy parts to fix the part, unlike stock parts where you can order and replace just a pin or screw so just keeping that in mind for future parts. Wear these out in a month and replace for another $30 or wear the stock ones out in a week and replace rod ends for $10 is the future consideration.
links.JPG

linkc.JPG

Those look good! I can't see on the website if that includes all 6... I would assume so, since it doesn't clarify which 2 are shown.
Only 2 are included for $30 for any set. Front or rear camber or steering toe links. I didn't get the rear links, but if these hold up I will. The black ones pictured are for the steering and the blues are for the front camber.

Got the links installed along with aluminum body mounts and posts. Already broke a steering link on the first tumble. The plastic head broke. The plastic head is so hard, I thought it was metal and had to scratch it to make sure. I ordered a set of the camber links to use for the steering, hopefully they will fit. They are beefy and all metal. I also ordered Integy rear camber links.

20240609_155047.jpg
20240609_202337.jpg
20240609_202409.jpg

Broke the other side the next day. Installed some refreshed stock steering tie rods with steel balls which will stretch out in no time. Still waiting on trying the Integy camber links for steering links. Otherwise, I am going to find some m3 sized rods instead of the thicker m5.

20240612_162419.jpg

Broke the other side the next day. Installed some refreshed stock steering tie rods with steel balls which will stretch out in no time. Still waiting on trying the Integy camber links for steering links. Otherwise, I am going to find some m3 sized rods instead of the thicker m5.

View attachment 373028
Have you tried the KA-RC pivot balls off Ebay in the stock links?

It's not the pivot balls that wear out, it's the plastic rod ends that wear out. I do have steel pivot balls. My steel balls never really wear out, but my aluminum and stock plastic ones wear out. If the Integy camber links start having a problem, I am going to try the vitavon ones.
https://www.vitavon-racing.com/prod...ront-rear-upper-link-for-arrma-kraton-4s-110/
I see- that’s annoying. I guess I would just keep spares of the links because vitavon is so expensive

Back