Outcast Outcast 4s Versions - App. release

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justpassingby

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

First thread here! So, I have been crawling for a couple of years, but now looking into getting my first basher. I already drove some basher, most often a Stampede, so I am leaning toward stunt/monster.

I have become really interested in the Outcast for many reason, a minor one being that I am equipped with 2x2s and 2x3s, which would let me run the Outcast in single 3s and then some extreme speed with my 2x2s. No need for new battery and plenty of running time, as oppose to getting a 6s using my two batteries each run. Anyways, I digress.

I just wanted to know when is the new Outcast version expected to drop. Since the actual version (v3?) is mostly backorder everywhere, I can wait a few months. Spring is around the corner though, so if the next iteration is further away, I might pull the trigger on the Big Rock.

Thoughts and suggestions are welcomed.

Cheers!

This is the 10th Anniversary you're referring to right? I LOVE the look of the body, but as far as I can tell it just looks like a standard Outcast 6s with minor cosmetic changes. Is there anything I'm missing?

Yes, I figured. It is much better from what I read.
Just to be clear, are you asking about the 4S Outcast or the 6S? I am confused, as the thread title specifies 4S but the thread seems to be about the 6S as well. To be clear: the release of the revised 4S line is scheduled for spring.

If you want to know about the Outcast 6S. A new version should be released sometimes next summer, along with a revised Talion.

Just to be clear, are you asking about the 4S Outcast or the 6S? I am confused, as the thread title specifies 4S but the thread seems to be about the 6S as well. To be clear: the release of the revised 4S line is scheduled for spring.

If you want to know about the Outcast 6S. A new version should be released sometimes next summer, along with a revised Talion.

You got it right. I am asking about the 4s.

This is the 10th Anniversary you're referring to right? I LOVE the look of the body, but as far as I can tell it just looks like a standard Outcast 6s with minor cosmetic changes. Is there anything I'm missing?
They're reffering to the Outcast 4s. I love the look of the body too. I think the shock towers and braces are also different color. And the chassis is a different cosmetic look on the bottom.
You got it right. I am asking about the 4s.
Yeah, i'm waiting on the new version to drop too. From what I've heard, there is supposed to be a major revision and it is probably an upgrade drivetrain wise. And the radio to STL 3. And i've heard that they should drop from March sometime through June. So yeah, what @FlipSide said. This is all i've HEARD and i'm not saying this is EXACT.

They're reffering to the Outcast 4s. I love the look of the body too. I think the shock towers and braces are also different color. And the chassis is a different cosmetic look on the bottom.

Yeah, i'm waiting on the new version to drop too. From what I've heard, there is supposed to be a major revision and it is probably an upgrade drivetrain wise. And the radio to STL 3. And i've heard that they should drop from March sometime through June. So yeah, what @FlipSide said. This is all i've HEARD and i'm not saying this is EXACT.

Too late for the disclaimer mate, you've got my hopes up :p

I'm hoping for everything I've heard too.

I though that the drivetrain was already pretty good in there... Maybe they aim to do the same thing as in the 3s serie, using the step up? The new s3 now uses the 4s drivetrain, right? So, going to put the 6s drivetrain in the 4s.

I though that the drivetrain was already pretty good in there... Maybe they aim to do the same thing as in the 3s serie, using the step up? The new s3 now uses the 4s drivetrain, right? So, going to put the 6s drivetrain in the 4s.
I don't know, maybe. I thought the drive axles are metal but is the center driveshaft plastic?

I am hoping for a center diff in the revised 4S line. That would probably imply a new plastic chassis, but I am OK with that. While they're at it, using the current 6S RTR diffs would be totally awesome. I doubt that will happen but let's dream a little... :)

I am hoping for a center diff in the revised 4S line. That would probably imply a new plastic chassis, but I am OK with that. While they're at it, using the current 6S RTR diffs would be totally awesome. I doubt that will happen but let's dream a little... :)
I can think of a few upgrades for it... Definitly a new radio, maybe some exb shock towers, metal shocks, rpm suspension arms(or something better than stock), exb hubs, IDK there are probably a lot more they could do. That would raise the price a pretty penny tho. I'm not sure but I think I heard somewhere that the price was only $20 more. That doesn't really make sense if they are going to do a major change, does it? Maybe they should just make an EXB Outcast 4s??:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back