Kraton Pinion choice help K6

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

332_RC

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Notorious
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Infraction 4x4
I'm close to getting a motor & ESC for my K6 slider. Gone thru & cleaned the chassis components & upgraded the steering / servo. I'll be running 4s backflip tires on it. Leaning towards a 4282 1780kv motor, heavier than a stock 4074 & that will effect handling im sure. My question with those smaller tires, all the posts I've dug thru & formulas I've seen you guys have for pinion choice, I came up with a 18t or 19t. I don't want to run 65+mph & fans can be an option too. I have a Notorious, stock motor & 12t & I'm use to that. 18t / 19t sound good?
The ESC will be a Max6 G2

Last edited:
I'm close to getting a motor & ESC for my K6 slider. Gone thru & cleaned the chassis components & upgraded the steering / servo. I'll be running 4s backflip tires on it. Leaning towards a 4282 1780kv motor, heavier than a stock 4074 & that will effect handling im sure. My question with those smaller tires, all the posts I've dug thru & formulas I've seen you guys have for pinion choice, I came up with a 18t or 19t. I don't want to run 65+mph & fans can be an option too. I have a Notorious, stock motor & 12t & I'm use to that. 18t / 19t sound good?
The ESC will be a Max6 G2

I do not have your motor combination on my Kraton EXB (20T), but something similar on my Talion EXB (17T) and Fireteam (18T), but the weight and build are a bit different.

All power motors and ESCs are not stocked. Max6 ESC and more powerful motors over the stock 2050 4074. I run 4S Backflips exclusively on the Kraton EXB & Talion EXB and sometimes on the FT. 4S tires are fine and over a year old. Like most tires, I check the glue often and re-glue and rotate positions. I re-glue them new before ever running and never ran them on hard surfaces. Yes, adding too much power will rip them off the rim. It's been good so far.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back