Pricing your rig on Marketplace (in 4 season areas) $CANADIAN

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrWednesday

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Nero
  5. Outcast 8s
  6. Outcast EXB
  7. Senton 6s
So a guy had a post in ‘Everything RC Ontario” on Marketplace today, asking how much he should list his “1 year old, mint Xmaxx 8S with Traxxas HD arm upgrades and batteries” I considered responding with:
“I’d list it for $100 for the batteries if you deal with taking the Xmaxx to the dump, or $150 for just the batteries”
But I ended up writing out a my entire take on the used RC market on Marketplace in my notes. Then when I went to copy and paste my reply I lost the ad ffs 🤦‍♂️. Obviously, I can’t let all that amazing wisdom, and hard work go to waste, so I’m gonna post it here. Since this post is already so long I’m sure nobody’s gonna read it anyway but at least I tried 🤷🏼‍♂️

HERE IT IS:

For a bone stock 8S Xmaxx in really nice condition you could probably list it at $900 and it would get a lot of attention but…

I see decently modded Xmaxxs on here for like 11-1400 all the time that have castle electronics and several upgrade parts under the dome.

You might get $1000 if you’re willing to wait a good amount of time. Especially right now, this time of year is absolutely brutal for trying to sell RC stuff. Nobody’s buying, and the people that are, are constantly low balling because they really don’t care if the deal goes through or not.

If you list it for any higher than 1K, most guys won’t even bother messaging you.

Everybody says the same thing, that’s the problem;

—“It’s mint, barely used, runs perfectly, no problems, I paid this much $XXXX for everything”

Or my personal favourites;

“only run 3 times!” & “just bought it 2 weeks ago”

Sorry for the long reply but I’ve been dying to rant about this for a while now lol

IMG_0272.jpeg

IMG_0273.jpeg

I read this whole thing LOL.

I'm trying to follow what you're ranting at. Are you mad he didn't know what to list it at? Or his post triggered your anger about other people high-balling their listings?

I will somewhat sympathize with this xmaxx guy though, sometimes when i list stuff (RC or otherwise) I have no idea what to list it at.

I'm trying to follow what you're ranting at. Are you mad he didn't know what to list it at? Or his post triggered your anger about other people high-balling their listings?

I will somewhat sympathize with this xmaxx guy though, sometimes when i list stuff (RC or otherwise) I have no idea what to list it at.
I think he is pissed 🤷 .first thread I've read about what something is selling for .I mean there is a sucker for everything..all depends who that person is and how much they want to spend and how bad they want it..really some people don't care about price ..if they have the money and want it bad enough they will buy it ..not sure what this thread is really about .🤷
I'm still seeing v1 models sell for over 500 .just goes to show is there really a price set on a Rc? Like I said ,there is a custy for everything

I say in about 15 years from now every arrma model will be vintage..I bet if someone holds on to one of these brand new in a box they will sell it for the same price now new or even more because these will be rare.someone will fork up the loot .. oh and the vendetta is still at 199.00 get it now . Cheap cheap .buy a bunch give them to your nephews and nieces..or kids for Xmas..or buy a bunch and sell them at a flee market. Or wherever.👍👍👍

I’m ranting at guys listing 2 well beaten Granites for $1250 when I just want everything for bottom dollar! Is that too much to ask? I wasn’t annoyed w that guy obviously, not knowing what to list for isn’t unforgivable. It’s just recently when nobody is buying and the prices are just garb. The real problem, obviously, is that I spend way too much time red eyeing RC listings and it’s affecting my health. Mental and physical.
The solution is simple, put me in charge of pricing everyone’s rigs. Or someone we all trust like Mark Zuckerberg or Hunter Biden.

I’m ranting at guys listing 2 well beaten Granites for $1250 when I just want everything for bottom dollar! Is that too much to ask? I wasn’t annoyed w that guy obviously, not knowing what to list for isn’t unforgivable. It’s just recently when nobody is buying and the prices are just garb. The real problem, obviously, is that I spend way too much time red eyeing RC listings and it’s affecting my health. Mental and physical.
The solution is simple, put me in charge of pricing everyone’s rigs. Or someone we all trust like Mark Zuckerberg or Hunter Biden.
Ok now lol🤷 sounds like your about to have a break down ,you probably should back off this hobby for bit ,if pricing is going to cause you physical and emotional stress🤷. Almost nothing about this hobby is cheap..get with the program 😁.I say relax grabb a nice cold one 🍺 and enjoy with the RCs you have and take it easy..what someone is asking for there rigs / rig is there right and if you don't like the price,move on👍
Go buy a vendetta for 199.00 😁👍 now that's a good deal .This deal will relieve your stress.Its like HH throwing Tylenol at ya..

Ok now lol🤷 sounds like your about to have a break down ,you probably should back off this hobby for bit ,if pricing is going to cause you physical and emotional stress🤷. Almost nothing about this hobby is cheap..get with the program 😁.I say relax grabb a nice cold one 🍺 and enjoy with the RCs you have and take it easy..what someone is asking for there rigs / rig is there right and if you don't like the price,move on👍
Go buy a vendetta for 199.00 😁👍 now that's a good deal .This deal will relieve your stress.Its like HH throwing Tylenol at ya..
I think you’re missing the part where I’m being like really obviously facetious, a bit of a whoosh moment here blitz 🤷🏼‍♂️ but I’ll take your advice

I see Mr W's point. Lot's of beginners will put a bunch of bling into an RC, beat the snot out of it, and expect to sell it for way more than it's worth. Doesn't work that way. Unless he finds a sucker. I do get a good chuckle out of some of those ads. Often wonder how long it takes for reality to sink in? Or what it sold for? How many tears were shed? Lol.

I see Mr W's point. Lot's of beginners will put a bunch of bling into an RC, beat the snot out of it, and expect to sell it for way more than it's worth. Doesn't work that way. Unless he finds a sucker. I do get a good chuckle out of some of those ads. Often wonder how long it takes for reality to sink in? Or what it sold for? How many tears were shed? Lol.
I think the same shot every time, and if I’m feeling really stupid I’ll actually message the guy and run a bet that it’s will still be there in a month

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back