Which rig is your "mud rig"?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HZRDOS

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
  2. Outcast 4s
  3. Outcast EXB
  4. Talion EXB
I don't like dealing with and cleaning mud, so I have one rig designated as my "mud truck", which is my Ryft. It is really easy to clean, and basically no places for mud to cake up in. I guess the OC6s counts also as it is my 8yo son's truck, and he does not care about making me clean it. Lol.

When bashing...sure, I hit muddy patches and all the rigs get a bit muddy sometimes. But if I am planning on bashing and I know it is pretty much all mud, won't run most the trucks.

So, do you have one specific rig you don't care how bad the weather is? Sure some of you don't care and will run any of them no matter the terrain. Haha

I don't like dealing with and cleaning mud, so I have one rig designated as my "mud truck", which is my Ryft. It is really easy to clean, and basically no places for mud to cake up in. I guess the OC6s counts also as it is my 8yo son's truck, and he does not care about making me clean it. Lol.

When bashing...sure, I hit muddy patches and all the rigs get a bit muddy sometimes. But if I am planning on bashing and I know it is pretty much all mud, won't run most the trucks.

So, do you have one specific rig you don't care how bad the weather is? Sure some of you don't care and will run any of them no matter the terrain. Haha
I usually run away from mud...

When I go all in with mud, it has been rare when I am ready to do a complete 20+ pack maintenance and teardown for a full service.

Two rigs: Kraton EXB & Fireteam

I usually run away from mud...

When I go all in with mud, it has been rare when I am ready to do a complete 20+ pack maintenance and teardown for a full service.

Two rigs: Kraton EXB & Fireteam
Yeah, that's my issue. I at least do a partial tear down and clean all parts by hand. Try to avoid doing that, hence my designated rig.

Last edited:
All depends on the mud. Some of the mud around here washes off very easy, no clay in it and not sticky.
I run my Stampede in that type of mud. It rains too much October through March in the PNW to skip bashing altogether for me.
The spots i run are pretty great about having a few big clean puddles of water near the mud. I just blast through them 2 or 3 times and its mostly clean, lol.

I have a Nero that I use strictly for mud and snow. A PITA to clean afterwards, but it relives my stress.

Hmm a dedicated mud rig 🤔 I definitely support the logic behind this. Some days I wanna just bash through mud, but I don't wanna deal with the headache of cleanup after. I think a beater Granite Mega 550 would be the perfect little truck to fit the bill. Cheap & easy to replace the electronics if need be, and can take a beating.

I’ll typically run all my rigs through most things if I like the area enough, that being said my TRX 4 runs through the most mud.

Not much mud here in Florida considering we have no dirt but mainly sand. No wonder we can't grow anything.
Totally agree. You gotta find a local park (preferably with a baseball field) right after a really heavy rain...puddles & mud galore 😁

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back