SOLD / FOUND QS8 Connectors and Hybrid Ceramic Bearings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedondoBeachRC

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Felony
  3. Granite
  4. Infraction
  5. Limitless
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Mojave
  8. Senton 3s
  9. Typhon 6s
  10. Typhon 3s
$40 for 5 pair and free shipping! Or $5 each connector and free shipping if you buy at least 10 connectors
AC3E7606-3495-497A-B03B-48B8568F2A92.jpeg

Redondo Beach RC Hybrid Ceramic Bearings
Size: 8x16x5
Price: $25 a bearing

ABEC9 with 440C steel rings, silicon nitride balls, and pre-oiled w/ synthetic lube

Fits Arrma 6S line Center diffs, front and rear diffs, and wheels (wouldn’t recommend on the wheels). Also fits Hobao VTE2 and VTE
7A5CA523-9990-4AE1-BD03-4A91C8E2BE06.jpeg

Last edited:
interested in the qs8 connectors. not sure ( i am new to electric) is there a brand on these? i know a lot of other connectors get "knock offs" not sure about the qs8?

Hello. There is no “brand” per say. It’s generally produced by the same three manufactures in China.

The ones I have are from the 2nd largest distributor.

Let me know how many you want and I’ll send them out to you.

Why do I have so many? lol I was preparing for an order of Onyx LiPo’s

But the owner keeps giving them all to James McCoy lol jk
Sadly true tho. I've got a connection to them now thanks to some resources. Just haven't bought em yet. Pm me and I'll pass on the name.

How hard are the QS8 connectors to push together and pull apart. I'm upgrading ESC soon, and thinking about connectors: most of mine are IC5 or EC5. I like how easy it is to push together the IC5s - the EC5s seem to be a little harder to push together.

I'm considering bitting the bullet, and moving all my EC5s and IC5s to QS8 - but only if feel good ;-) Can anyone vouch for them?

The other option is maybe just to go to Castle Style 6.5mm polarized... OR, just stick with EC5s. I'm a bit lost in the choices the moment, tbh.

Interesting question. They are slightly more difficult than IC5.

Initially I choose to go the cheaper option and go 8mm bullets. It worked well for a bit after you get used to the sparks lol but as my speeds got faster my bullets kept coming apart causing me to crash.

I would only switch to QS8 if you’re gonna be pulling 400A or more.

How hard are the QS8 connectors to push together and pull apart. I'm upgrading ESC soon, and thinking about connectors: most of mine are IC5 or EC5. I like how easy it is to push together the IC5s - the EC5s seem to be a little harder to push together.

I'm considering bitting the bullet, and moving all my EC5s and IC5s to QS8 - but only if feel good ;-) Can anyone vouch for them?

The other option is maybe just to go to Castle Style 6.5mm polarized... OR, just stick with EC5s. I'm a bit lost in the choices the moment, tbh.
QS8 connectors are really tight at first (which is a good thing because all connectors will loosen up over time). I use QS8 on all my batteries and 8mm bullets on ESCs. If you're running in a high load use case such speed running where you're routinely pulling 300-600A, those are your two best options. They make the most sense, of course, if you're running 8AWG wiring throughout. The anti-spark factor is something to consider too though. Helps in protecting your connectors being destroyed by arcing.

Sadly true tho. I've got a connection to them now thanks to some resources. Just haven't bought em yet. Pm me and I'll pass on the name.
Yeah im PM ing you RIGHT NOW

Still have any connectors?

I do know that the EC/IC's tend to disconnect with impacts. Not a good thing. Snug is better than loose.
Solder the QS8's properly with the matching connector attached and the they should be fine. Pins will stay aligned, yet snug. Easy to pull apart when needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back