Senton Rear tire clearance issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny b

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
  2. Typhon 3s
Blew a stock rear tire on first minute of maiden run. 100% stock senton. I was doing some tight donuts on hard packed dirt surface when the tire shredded. Tx never got off 50%. Installed proline trenchers with 12mm hubs and 15 tooth pinion. Haven't run it yet since. The prolines are only a few mm taller than the stock tires and same width so no clearance issues. I guess my question is, Is shredding rear tires on the Senton common due to the nature of the shell fit? Do I need to trim rear wheel wells? Modify body post's or just stop doing donuts? 😆 Don't want to keep shredding tires. Experienced suggestions welcomed. Pic shows how body currently sits. Scorched fenders on the way. Don't know if that will affect clearance also.
IMG_20221212_090529619_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Mostly i think people have issues shredding the stock tires because they are generally thought to be poor quality. Plenty of threads about how the stock tires don't last long or blow up or shred. Ironically, i've had my original senton tires since i bought my senton 2 years ago and they've been up to 60ish mph several dozen times. So IDK 🤷‍♂️

Tires rubbing on the body can cause issues, but mostly for tearing apart the body, rather than the other way around. At least from my experience.

Unloading the diffs (situations where all power goes to one side of the diff) tends to be very rough on tires in generally. However, proline are good tires from what i've heard. I don't think you'll have to worry too much about shredding those tires.

Mostly i think people have issues shredding the stock tires because they are generally thought to be poor quality. Plenty of threads about how the stock tires don't last long or blow up or shred. Ironically, i've had my original senton tires since i bought my senton 2 years ago and they've been up to 60ish mph several dozen times. So IDK 🤷‍♂️

Tires rubbing on the body can cause issues, but mostly for tearing apart the body, rather than the other way around. At least from my experience.

Unloading the diffs (situations where all power goes to one side of the diff) tends to be very rough on tires in generally. However, proline are good tires from what i've heard. I don't think you'll have to worry too much about shredding those tires.
I appreciate your input! Always had good luck with trenchers on my 5th scale so thought I would try them out here. Really don't want to trim the shell, only as last resort. Never thought my rig might be a little to fast with 3's....most would say that's a good problem to have. 😁 Taking it out today to large open field to get a feel for the handling.. Will see what else I can break! Thanks!

The body is mostly to blame for shredding tires. I would trim the wheel arches to allow more clearance and to remove any sharp points that will slash the tires.
IMG_20221212_090529619_HDR~2.jpg

Hey...I like that idea! Eliminate the snag points without changing the look. Going to do that...can't hurt! Thank you!

Hopefully will help...I actually like the look.thanks!

View attachment 262174
I see you trimmed it a little. It's definitely fine now and probably was before. The stock tires can't be made for 3s. I've run them fat 2s they are pretty good ( brushed motor) but for higher speed and power definitely an upgrade needed. Here is my truck after a few runs on overvolted 3s motor. Those tires got shredded and the 2 back are blown up.
Screenshot_2022-12-12-21-26-51-06_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4.jpg

Nice! At least you got some time with them. Now I have 3 basically new mounted tires that are useless. You think hh will warranty them and replace? I suppose I could use for goofing around, just need to change hubs back to 14mm.

Nice! At least you got some time with them. Now I have 3 basically new mounted tires that are useless. You think hh will warranty them and replace? I suppose I could use for goofing around, just need to change hubs back to 14mm.
Even if they warranty them. Won't they still give you another pair of the stocks? You could try some lousie or duratrax tires next time they are 14mm stock.
Screenshot_2022-12-12-23-02-02-19_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg

Yes i would absolutely pursue a warranty with that tire. Even if the tires "suck", they should still have lasted longer than the first run (as the other three did).

Then you'd always have a pair of spares.

Even if they warranty them. Won't they still give you another pair of the stocks? You could try some lousie or duratrax tires next time they are 14mm stock.
Yeah, but ill take the free stocks. Duratrax does appear to have some nice tires. Hoping the trenches hold up.
Yes i would absolutely pursue a warranty with that tire. Even if the tires "suck", they should still have lasted longer than the first run (as the other three did).

Then you'd always have a pair of spares.
True. So just call hh or email them? Send a pick of damage along with photo of receipt? Please tell me its not necessary to return bad tire to them.
Even if they warranty them. Won't they still give you another pair of the stocks? You could try some lousie or duratrax tires next time they are 14mm stock.View attachment 262225
Nice looking wheels/tires. I assume they are brand new along with the shocks since there way to clean..lol.

Last edited:
Yeah, but ill take the free stocks. Duratrax does appear to have some nice tires. Hoping the trenches hold up.

True. So just call hh or email them? Send a pick of damage along with photo of receipt? Please tell me its not necessary to return bad tire to them.

Nice looking wheels/tires. I assume they are brand new along with the shocks since there way to clean..lol.
Tires yes. The socks are 2 years old + never changed oil! They just have oil on the outside and look new 😂

https://www.horizonhobby.com/product-support-landing.html
I believe the email on that page is:
[email protected]

Email and request a warranty for the tires that failed during the first run. They'll ask for pictures and info in the follow email usually.

The body is mostly to blame for shredding tires. I would trim the wheel arches to allow more clearance and to remove any sharp points that will slash the tires.
View attachment 262151
Wanted to shout out to Irussi750 for the tip on trimming Senton shell! Works like a charm and no more shredded tires or body rubbing. (y)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back