Rtr motormount same part number as exb? Motor shaft size

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray87

Reaction score
Hi.

Tried to find the part number for exb motormount and what could be the difference with exb and the stock rtr v1 truck.

Part number is ara320482 on both exploded view i have found from a rtr and exb?
Kinda wierd since i thought the 8s exb was different from the rtr? Just look for a mount where i can order this slide https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/product/aluminum-motor-plate-56-series-red/ARA320591.html

to fit the 56 motors on my rtr v1 truck non exb?
Also trying to find out if the v1 rtr motor have 8mm or 5mm shaft or i need some new pinion gears as well, some places like jennysrc spectrum 1250 is listed as a 5mm shaft but other places it’s stand 8mm, could the first models of the 1250 stock motore have come with a 5mm shaft perhaps?

Tnx for some help with this.

Last edited:
The very early 8s's had the 5mm motor shafts. That disappeared. The 5mm shafts were snapping off with this 30+ pound rig.

The 56 series mount is below, as found on the just released yet only refreshed EXB 8s. Also, it now comes with a 5687 1100kv motor now. Probably the better choice? IDK.
Motor Plate is not cheap.:rolleyes: Like all else with this rig.

https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/product/aluminum-motor-plate-56-series-red/ARA320591.html

Last edited:
The very early 8s's had the 5mm motor shafts. That disappeared. The 5mm shafts were snapping off with this 30+ pound rig.

The 56 series mount is below, as found on the just released yet only refreshed EXB 8s. Also, it now comes with a 5687 1100kv motor now. Probably the better choice? IDK.
Motor Plate is not cheap.:rolleyes: Like all else with this rig.

https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/product/aluminum-motor-plate-56-series-red/ARA320591.html
That exb slide on the link fit right into the rtr v1 non exb motor mount?

I still investigate a bit and i cant really find different part numbers so it seems like they must have just added exb stickers on the exb truck and no difference overall between the mounts other then the exb comes with the 56 slide included?

Your right about expensive parts, im not a brand fan but same parts for xmaxx that is excactly the same like wheel hub etc cost 1/3 of the price, but it’a still worth it for me since im not often are in need of parts :)

The 56mm motor slide mount for the 8s was always an "option part" early on.
Confirm this with others. Look at the Blow Up diagram at the Arrma site.

Yes i see on the diagram that the exb motor mount have the same partnumber as the rtr, thought it was thicker or something, found the old rtr truck and it have the 56 exb slide as optional part, then it must fit the rtr.

The 56 series motor slide mount was never an EXB part. It was an 8s option part way before the EXB 8s's were released. It is just an adapter for larger motors. Many prefer the larger can motors for the 8s line. Needing more torque with this 30 pound rig. I think the 8s EXB rollers just come with it as standard now. I know a bit about the 8s line parts and all. I drove one very briefly. I just never owned one however. I always stayed with the 6s Arrma line myself.
The Trx XRT peaks my interest. Being only 23 pounds.

Last edited:
The 56 series motor slide mount was never an EXB part. It was an 8s option part way before the EXB 8s's were released. It is just an adapter for larger motors. Many prefer the larger can motors for the 8s line. Needing more torque with this 30 pound rig. I think the 8s EXB rollers just come with it as standard now. I know a bit about the 8s line parts and all. I drove one very briefly. I just never owned one however. I always stayed with the 6s Arrma line myself.
The Trx XRT peaks my interest. Being only 23 pounds.
Thanks for helping me with the right slide, first i thought the exb motor mount was thicker and then the slide would been it too, but as you say it was here before exb and part number is the same too, they just seems to have added a exb sticker to the one that is on the exb truck.

Plan is to order this and put in a 1100kv. Because i want more backflips! :)
Could probably try a little bigger pinion on stock but i feel it would be to push it when going larger then the 23t.

Xrt seems like a intersting truck, would like to try one, shame traxxas decided to sell them with the xmaxx electronic, never liked the body and imo kraton looks better and differentials is probably stronger too, had lots of fun with the x maxx for the last 3 years but one kinda get bored and move on. would have like to have both x maxx and kraton but one have to have some priorities too, im glad i went with the arrma, only thing that could be better is part prices and having more parts available for sale when one need them.
Like this mount now i must make my LHS to order it and it could take up to 3 weeks to get it..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back