Sagging TLR shocks in BRCC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTitanium

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Granite Grom
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Nero
  6. Infraction 4x4
Recently installed Kraton 4s arms and drivetrain on my BRCC. While I was at it, I installed Typhon TLR shocks. I didn’t open up the shocks so do not know if oil level/viscosity is ok.

Installed shocks on the most inner lower setting and adjusted the preload but it still droops. Battery isn’t even installed yet and she sags.

Any ideas? Should I open up the shocks perhaps?

IMG_9832.jpeg

IMG_9833.jpeg

IMG_9834.jpeg

Changing the lower mounting position to the outside hole will help you get less static compression and a little less droop.
Fluid won’t change anything, you’d have to change to a stiffer spring and then increase the fluid viscosity to match the heavier spring rates.
They are pretty plush shocks.
Looking at the pictures though, it seems like you’re still higher than the “bones level” approach. Doesn't look like you’re sagging too much at all in the pics.

What’s your goal there, a 1” mall crawler lift kit? Chassis articulation after rebound the arms should be close to parallel referencing the ground. Tex can print you up some adapters to increase preload further but you don’t want them to bind on full compression before the shock rod bottoms the eyelet to the body.

Changing the lower mounting position to the outside hole will help you get less static compression and a little less droop.
Fluid won’t change anything, you’d have to change to a stiffer spring and then increase the fluid viscosity to match the heavier spring rates.
They are pretty plush shocks.
Looking at the pictures though, it seems like you’re still higher than the “bones level” approach. Doesn't look like you’re sagging too much at all in the pics.
Agreed with “the dude” @Dan B. looks like it’s just right 🤷🏻‍♂️

Thanks fellas. Maybe I should get my eyes checked.

Ride is VERY plush.. feels like a Cadillac. The bottom of the chassis will surely take a beating. Although the TLRs are known for this, maybe I should go back to the regular Typhon 6s units.

Ride is VERY plush.. feels like a Cadillac. The bottom of the chassis will surely take a beating. Although the TLRs are known for this, maybe I should go back to the regular Typhon 6s units.
If you like the TLR units feel better. You can always take the extra chassis abuse and replace as necessary.. some extra wrench time but at least they are cheap enough at around 8$ haha + shipping etc.. 🤷🏻‍♂️👍🏻

Lowrider Cruisin GIF by MotorTrend

It's all good..

I’ll be interested to see which ones you choose to run. I just bought a set for a partial refresh of my only stock 6s Typhon (which I’ve been driving the wheels off with little or no maintenance all year…🙄) but I haven’t run them yet. My Typhon, at least on the bench, sort of feels like my Lasernut now. Plush, man. Pretty crazy difference. I do have skid plates…

Typhon 6s uses really soft springs, softer then a Typhon 3s.

Stock spring rate of the Typhon 3s and Mega:
Front: 1.00n/mm 70mm
Rear: 0.84n/mm 85mm

The Typhon 6s stock:
Front: ARAC8941 - 70mm M (75.5gf/mm)
Rear: ARAC8948 - 84mm M (56.6gf/mm)

What I have installed on my Typhon 3s:
Front: Shock Springs 70mm 1.13N/mm (Mojave) - ARA330637
Rear: Shock spring 84mm 0.94n/mm (Talion) - AR330501

Hope this helps.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back