Talion Screws that closes the fan on the esc.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Opua

Reaction score
hi, I have a screw torn, exactly the screw that closes the fan on the esc. This screw is an M2.5 and has a different thread pitch than the other screws normally present in the model. I can't find it, I also thought of replacing it with a typical M3 screw but, since the thread is made on the aluminum of the esc, I don't know if it is possible to do it ...
Has this ever happened to you? could you help me?
The esc is the blx 185

Immagini.JPG

The m2.5 is a metal screw. The other a machine screw. Look for m3 metal screws on line. should be easy to come by. Or use a drop of super glue on screw. Do not tighten it hard. Let the super glue dry and hold it.

The m2.5 is a metal screw. The other a machine screw. Look for m3 metal screws on line. should be easy to come by. Or use a drop of super glue on screw. Do not tighten it hard. Let the super glue dry and hold it.
To clarify, the courser threaded screw on the ESC is called a "sheet metal screw". The finer threaded screw is a machine screw.

I already have M3 screws, but the problem is that the esc has M2. 5 thread should I go over it with an M3 screw?

I already have M3 screws, but the problem is that the esc has M2. 5 thread should I go over it with an M3 screw?
Metal screws cut there own threads in the metal. So yes. Watch to see if it tires to bend the fins. Go slow and should screw right in.

Just pinch the HS fins tighter together at the screw point area, and slap on any screw, with any pitch on there. Proper length and diameter for a good grip is more important. HS is soft alu. and any steel screw will get a good enough bite into it.
No Tapping needed. Course threads are obviously best. But anything will work. 4 screws holds any fan well enough. I even used a drop of Blue Threadlocker on occasion with good results. Never had an ESC fan fall out before.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back