Senton 17mm hex wheel options for short course

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattox

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi, new here, so here goes. My son has a 3S senton, which destroyed the tyres quickly as seems to be common. I looked for 14mm hex wheels and tyres, very limited range.
Research said to change to 12 or 17mm hex for more options. Changed to 17 as that's what my Typhon has and then blow me down as Popeye was fond of saying that finding a 1/10 sc wheel/tyre with offset to suit the Senton is almost harder than finding 14mm wheels. I have ordered some Louise Uphills, as they are available (Here in Straya) but surely there is more options? Especially keen to here from anyone in Australia, but will take all advice on board, but preferably not "should have gone 12mm!" Also aware that I can get 3 other types of Loise tyre on that offset sc wheel (I am really after preglued sets) but the Rocket is a road tyre, one is super aggressive so that only leave the Hummer and Uphill.
What other brands are out there in 17mm 1/2 inch offset around 110mm tyre diameter? At the moment he is running a set of my zero offset 1/8th wheels, but he has lost width due to going to zero offset, and this tippy truck is now more tippy around corners....

Cheers, Mattox

They are, really keen to retain some offset to prevent rolling in corners.
Maybe the Typhon 3s/BRCC arms and turnbuckles will help widen it up.

Maybe the Typhon 3s/BRCC arms and turnbuckles will help widen it up.
Definitely would, that would open up a huge range of wheels. Was hoping to just find different wheels/tyres to avoid handing out fat cash for more parts, but that's certainly an option.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back