Infraction Servo and Chasis Questions.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fugitivelama

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
So I had a fairly small crash , stock gearing and not really running too fast. Since the crash My Steering is not perfect. If I turn all the way right then center it , it works fine. However when I turn full left and then center it , it does not return to dead center without some help from me steering it. I have tested this both on pavement as well as propped up so the tires are free and clear of all resistance. It's a pretty noticeable amount and the car will steer that direction heavily if I do not adjust after coming out of a left hand turn. Once I do adjust it the car will drive straight as can be, even at full speed.

The Bumper and splitter were damaged and I have ordered new ones. The Suspension mount in the front is split at the retaining screw. The chassis is also ever so slightly bent. I have ordered all of those parts as well. I cant see anything bent or messed up on the steering or tires. So my question is , what am I missing? Could the Servo be stripped internally?

Any suggestions for an upgraded servo regardless?

I couldn't find any videos for how to change the chassis , How difficult is it?

So I had a fairly small crash , stock gearing and not really running too fast. Since the crash My Steering is not perfect. If I turn all the way right then center it , it works fine. However when I turn full left and then center it , it does not return to dead center without some help from me steering it. I have tested this both on pavement as well as propped up so the tires are free and clear of all resistance. It's a pretty noticeable amount and the car will steer that direction heavily if I do not adjust after coming out of a left hand turn. Once I do adjust it the car will drive straight as can be, even at full speed.

The Bumper and splitter were damaged and I have ordered new ones. The Suspension mount in the front is split at the retaining screw. The chassis is also ever so slightly bent. I have ordered all of those parts as well. I cant see anything bent or messed up on the steering or tires. So my question is , what am I missing? Could the Servo be stripped internally?

Any suggestions for an upgraded servo regardless?

I couldn't find any videos for how to change the chassis , How difficult is it?
Now I don't own an infraction but try taking the servo out and pulling the top off it to see if its missing or has bad teeth on the gears inside.

Check all of your steering and see if something is binding. Take a look at the ackerman plate and make sure it's straight.
If all looks good it's a bad servo.

I wacked my Lim several times. Similar issue. Check the Pillow balls. they get wonky and bind up. To check, disconnect your servo arm to free up the ST linkage, work it left and right. It should turn freely with the same pressure by hand lock to lock.
Like @jkflow stated above, the stock Akerman (Steering Plate) bends like butter. ( necessary upgrade BTW) It will bend and bind under the Top plate and jam your steering. There's very little clearance under the Top plate. Bent it will bind. Also take a look at your servo saver and make sure it is not split/cracked. Been there. :cool:

I wacked my Lim several times. Similar issue. Check the Pillow balls. they get wonky and bind up. To check, disconnect your servo arm to free up the ST linkage, work it left and right. It should turn freely with the same pressure by hand lock to lock.
Like @jkflow stated above, the stock Akerman (Steering Plate) bends like butter. ( necessary upgrade BTW) It will bend and bind under the Top plate and jam your steering. There's very little clearance under the Top plate. Bent it will bind. Also take a look at your servo saver and make sure it is not split/cracked. Been there. :cool:
Thanks for the reply. I ordered a whole new bellcrank and steeringplate set from ST Racing. Hopefully with that and all the other parts it takes care of it.
Check all of your steering and see if something is binding. Take a look at the ackerman plate and make sure it's straight.
If all looks good it's a bad servo.
Thanks for the reply Any recommendations for a good servo to put in the infraction? Something that will be better than stock and maybe be a bit tougher? I don't mind spending a bit if I need to.

I'm on stock in my Infraction V2 and it's ok. I only recommend cheap servos DS3225
on Amazon work better than the higher priced ones, at least for myself

For the Onroad Felony, Lim. and Infr. A 25 Kg servo is perfect. Even an Amazon one is perfect like @jkflow stated above. DS3225 is what I use also.My Lim and Infr. Fast and plenty enough for Hoon size wheels. I actually trim down the servo speed a bit with my DX5C radio.
My Off-road 6S rigs all get 35kg servos. A DS3235 ( for big wheeled rigs) FWIW. :cool:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back