shocks and snow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr_B

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Norway.....winter........
shock question:

Noticed that its difficult to make good turns when bashing in snow, wonder if i can do something with the shocks to get a bit more stearing.
when going full throttle it "leans/compresses" the rear shocks and the front lifts just enough so that the car looses grip in the front.

Will i get more/better stearing if i stiffen up the rear shock springs a bit? any other tips are aslo welcome:)

This has been posted before, but front/rear diff oil selection may also help
Kraton Diff oil.jpg

Norway.....winter........
shock question:

Noticed that its difficult to make good turns when bashing in snow, wonder if i can do something with the shocks to get a bit more stearing.
when going full throttle it "leans/compresses" the rear shocks and the front lifts just enough so that the car looses grip in the front.

Will i get more/better stearing if i stiffen up the rear shock springs a bit? any other tips are aslo welcome:)
Yes add preload to the rear. What car is this? If you have a center diff you can use the chart above to tune it for the type of feel you like. If you need more steering, going thinner will help. Also in winter the fluids will be thicker by nature due to the cold and will feel heavier than in summer. ??

I also find that my Kraton with stock diff oils doesn't steer as well off power as it does under power... Snow is great for drifting if you give it a little juice to kick the rear end around a turn

Thanks for all advices(y)
(I run a kraton 6s btw)

Luckily I bought diff oil (1000cst) yesterday AND diff oil (20k rear, 500k center and 50k front).

Will do some diff maintenance this week and do some test with different shock spring tension. Good way to learn :cool:

If you’re wanting to drift in the snow then I would go heavy in the center, heavy in the rear and light in the front. This should give you more push than pull. At least that what makes sense in my head. I was drifting with my Typhon yesterday and I have the opposite in the front and rear and the on power turning wasn’t that great. I really had to goose it to bring the back end around.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back