Typhon Spectrum 6s Smart Lipo's,

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dmkkings

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Mojave
  5. Vendetta
Can I use a single 6s Spectrum smart battery, 50c or a 100c 5000mah in my Typhon 6s BLX V5? I know the manual recommends two 3s Lipos! But the problem is with that battery combination the body doesn't fit on the Chassi and the Balance port Leads don't even fit in the strap on the battery tray!

Greetings | I have the same problem with my new ARRMA Typhon 6S v5
I bought the Spektrum SMART LiPo 5000mAh 50C 11.1V 3S x 2 IC5 Hard Case Combo Kit
I think there are some supports, to raise the bodywork a little, but I find them

Greetings | I have the same problem with my new ARRMA Typhon 6S v5
I bought the Spektrum SMART LiPo 5000mAh 50C 11.1V 3S x 2 IC5 Hard Case Combo Kit
I think there are some supports, to raise the bodywork a little, but I find them
I have been told that u can and can't run a the spectrum smart 6s softpack battery in that car. So frustrating can u or can't u, what is it! I prefer to use the Spectrum batteries with the Spectrum electronics! Love the car but what a pain! U think they would of designed the Typhon a little better! Either Arrma knows of this issue or just don't car!
Yes you can, I did, kind of tight but it works, I used a 50c
A 50c 6s correct does the body fit better than using two 3s hard case batteries
Yes you can, I did, kind of tight but it works, I used a 50c
U still in the forum

Last edited:
I have been told that u can and can't run a the spectrum smart 6s softpack battery in that car. So frustrating can u or can't u, what is it! I prefer to use the Spectrum batteries with the Spectrum electronics! Love the car but what a pain! U think they would of designed the Typhon a little better! Either Arrma knows of this issue or just don't car!

A 50c 6s correct does the body fit better than using two 3s hard case batteries

U still in the forum
This is my Typhon 6S with the Spektrum 6S 5000mah 50c Softback battery
Put it in, Run it, Have Fun :)

20220101_161622.jpg

Can I use a single 6s Spectrum smart battery, 50c or a 100c 5000mah in my Typhon 6s BLX V5? I know the manual recommends two 3s Lipos! But the problem is with that battery combination the body doesn't fit on the Chassi and the Balance port Leads don't even fit in the strap on the battery tray!

I have a number of batteries I use for my Kraton. When I have a combination that is too tall all I do is just pinch in the side to lift the battery cap over up a bit..no it lifts a little higher. Now the battery fits under the cap. Then I put the straps on it which will hold the cap down although it has been lifted a bit out the sliding rails.

Lastly do not put your batteries balance port in those chassis holders. When you run the long strap over the batteries just put the balance port wires against the battery and pull the strap over. It will hold the balance wires well. It has happened before been posted here using the chassis area for the balance wires if you bash one day and the battery comes out the RC for whatever reason....if it flies out and the balance wires rip off still connected to the chassis...bad for that battery. It's there but I would not use it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back