SrC in the wild (maybe)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Soooo What size o ring is the bearing ?
Good question there. I have literally dozens of old broken servos, many Futabas etc. I found that most any Futaba O-ring does the trick, and wont bind the upper shaft BB. I don't have the size off hand. But is like 1/2 the profile of what is there. A very fine small o-ring. It's just meant to seal out moisture ingress from entering at the output shaft.
A too large/fat o-ring presses into the BB race/ cage when assembled and literally locks up the BB. BB becomes useless in function. I usually remove the O-ring altogether. I don't run my rigs in the wet anyway. But I do use much grease on the splined output shaft during reassembly. Even packing this upper BB with a bit of grease, for some moral support.:giggle: I usually place the o-ring over the splined shaft on the outside before mounting the Sevo Arm/horn. For sealing purposes. But with use and wear it may split and fall off. Not critical however.
My Savox 1210sg same issue. ( garbage for the price IMHO anyway)

Good question there. I have literally dozens of old broken servos, many Futabas etc. I found that most any Futaba O-ring does the trick, and wont bind the upper shaft BB. I don't have the size off hand. But is like 1/2 the profile of what is there. A very fine small o-ring. It's just meant to seal out moisture ingress from entering at the output shaft.
A too large/fat o-ring presses into the BB race/ cage when assembled and literally locks up the BB. BB becomes useless in function. I usually remove the O-ring altogether. I don't run my rigs in the wet anyway. But I do use much grease on the splined output shaft during reassembly. Even packing this upper BB with a bit of grease, for some moral support.:giggle:
My Savox 1210sg same issue. ( garbage for the price IMHO anyway)
Cool.

Goes down stairs to tear every spare servo apart.

Many of my reviews get blocked by AMZ's algo.
I have to reword some of them.
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Are you suggesting that the 1000's of 5 star reviews for some items are manipulated😂

Like most things, the real answer is somewhere in the middle, like your 3 star review, you've got to hunt, but the info is usually there. Great job.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Are you suggesting that the 1000's of 5 star reviews for some items are manipulated😂

Like most things, the real answer is somewhere in the middle, like your 3 star review, you've got to hunt, but the info is usually there. Great job.
I never look at the 5 star reviews sometimes I might check the 4 stars but I always look at the negative reviews on products first.

I never look at the 5 star reviews sometimes I might check the 4 stars but I always look at the negative reviews on products first.
Absolutely. The ones that aren’t all excited and everything is sunshine and roses. My favorites are the ones by technical people, like SRC.

I love the 5 star reviews that state they just installed it and love it. Excellent experience. AMZ Delivered in just one day etc. Like Wow....:LOL:
But admit they haven't tested it out.

I love the 5 star reviews that state they just installed it and love it. Excellent experience. AMZ Delivered in just one day etc. Like Wow....:LOL:
Yeah I want a reply button or at least a 🤣 button. Idiots.

I love the negative reviews because they didn't read the description of the product like the Rpm mud guards, so many negative reviews because they don't fit the stock a arms. It says right in the description that they are designed to fit the Rpm a arms.

I love the negative reviews because they didn't read the description of the product like the Rpm mud guards, so many negative reviews because they don't fit the stock a arms. It says right in the description that they are designed to fit the Rpm a arms.
😆 I did that. Made them fit though. but I didn't leave a negative review.

Also a lot of Amain reviews complaining that their part didn't fit and its all Amains fault.

My favourite one from memory is a reviewer who mistook a soldering iron with a pre-tinned tip for a used iron and returned it. They included a picture and it looked brand new with no flux residue or heat discolouration.

I was looking through Amazon servo reviews and couldn’t help but think this writing style was familiar.

Super detailed descriptions. Lot of technical knowledge. Good balance between the positives and negatives.

I thought this has to be @SrC right? Then I looked back to the top of the review and it was written by “SC”.

@SrC am I right??

View attachment 218076
Yup that’s Steve. I got one, tried his mod and it definitely seems to help.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back