Senton Steering gets stuck in both directions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShankAaron

Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Senton 3s
Ok, so I've done some forum searching and the only things that have come up are about stones, or broken/fried (insert part). None of which started out with the issues I'm seeing. Hopefully you guys can help a noob out.

I had this happen on my BRCC once and after a power cycle it never happened again, but I just bagged a Senton and on our first run with it yesterday on a short grass soccer field, it happened...…a LOT. I'd already set the end points, and calibrated the ESC prior to our quick run, and the Senton has an upgraded servo/saver. Here's the play-by-play of what I experienced yesterday-

-While driving at any speed the steering sticks to varying degrees in one direction, or another usually based on which direction the truck was turned.

-Turn in the opposite direction under power and steering changes and gets stuck to varying degrees in that direction.

-I took the body off and checked for anything that may have been stuck in the steering assembly, but found the whole area clear of anything (it was a short grass field).

-I gently tried to move the steering manually and nothing budged and I stopped.

-I turned off the power and the steering freed up, and when I turned power back on the steering would either return to center, or return to where it was stuck last. It was a coin flip to which would happen.

I'm not sure, but I think it's important to note that at no time did I lose steering control, or steering at all. It would just get stuck in one direction, or another with no real consistency as to how far in that direction it stuck. I appreciate the help with this. I really want to understand why this happens, any troubleshooting tip/steps, and what the fixes are for future reference. Thanks in advance.

Ok, so I've done some forum searching and the only things that have come up are about stones, or broken/fried (insert part). None of which started out with the issues I'm seeing. Hopefully you guys can help a noob out.

I had this happen on my BRCC once and after a power cycle it never happened again, but I just bagged a Senton and on our first run with it yesterday on a short grass soccer field, it happened...…a LOT. I'd already set the end points, and calibrated the ESC prior to our quick run, and the Senton has an upgraded servo/saver. Here's the play-by-play of what I experienced yesterday-

-While driving at any speed the steering sticks to varying degrees in one direction, or another usually based on which direction the truck was turned.

-Turn in the opposite direction under power and steering changes and gets stuck to varying degrees in that direction.

-I took the body off and checked for anything that may have been stuck in the steering assembly, but found the whole area clear of anything (it was a short grass field).

-I gently tried to move the steering manually and nothing budged and I stopped.

-I turned off the power and the steering freed up, and when I turned power back on the steering would either return to center, or return to where it was stuck last. It was a coin flip to which would happen.

I'm not sure, but I think it's important to note that at no time did I lose steering control, or steering at all. It would just get stuck in one direction, or another with no real consistency as to how far in that direction it stuck. I appreciate the help with this. I really want to understand why this happens, any troubleshooting tip/steps, and what the fixes are for future reference. Thanks in advance.
In my experience when that happens it usually means the servo is about to go out. Pick it up and see if you can get it to do it. Listen for gears clicking or anything strange. Of course check to make sure everything is plugged completely in on the receiver. The linkage could be hitting somewhere . Good luck 👍

In my experience when that happens it usually means the servo is about to go out. Pick it up and see if you can get it to do it. Listen for gears clicking or anything strange. Of course check to make sure everything is plugged completely in on the receiver. The linkage could be hitting somewhere . Good luck 👍

I'll give it the once over in about 15 minutes and see what I can find. Thanks for the help.

Remove linkage from horn, if there's smooth transition full lock to lock then your servo is junk.

I broke the entire truck down and found nothing out of the ordinary other than the screw on the servo saver was a little too long. Linkage was all straight, no foreign objects in the way, plenty of clearance in full motion range, servo was smooth the entire travel.

Remove linkage from horn, if there's smooth transition full lock to lock then your servo is junk.
Yep, it's the only explanation. Already shopping a new servo and saver. Like I said above, I broke it down to the servo and it was completely smooth for the full range of motion.

Back