Granite Steering moving on its own

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gazman233

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey guys , was bashing this morning with my granite , hit a few small jumps and used one battery , then on the second battery the car kept steering on its own with no input from Myself but only when accelerating . When not on the throttle the steering functions normally , but as soon as u gas it the steering decides to work on its own , any ideas ?? Any help appreciated

So I had this issue once when using an external BEC, the issue immediately went away when the BEC was removed.
I get the impression you're probably not running one though...

So I had this issue once when using an external BEC, the issue immediately went away when the BEC was removed.
I get the impression you're probably not running one though...
I won’t lie and pretend that I actually know that is haha . So I doubt I am using one lol it’s totally standard!
Just removed the esc to access receiver to check , found the steering connector had come loose probably from a badly landed jump , plugged back in securely and seems to be ok now :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    497.2 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
I won’t lie and pretend that I actually know that is haha . So I doubt I am using one lol it’s totally standard!
Just removed the esc to access receiver to check , found the steering connector had come loose probably from a badly landed jump , plugged back in securely and seems to be ok now :)
Haha, funky problem to have from a loose connector.
Your ESC has a BEC (battery eliminator circuit) built into it, that BEC will drop the voltage down to a more suitable level for your servo/receiver.
In my case I needed a more powerful BEC because I had a very power hungry servo hooked up to it at a higher voltage than my receiver could handle, for whatever reason that caused weird steering issues like you had.

In the end I just had to settle for running the servo at a lower voltage than it's rated for, because I kept getting weird steering issues upon acceleration.

Haha, funky problem to have from a loose connector.
Your ESC has a BEC (battery eliminator circuit) built into it, that BEC will drop the voltage down to a more suitable level for your servo/receiver.
In my case I needed a more powerful BEC because I had a very power hungry servo hooked up to it at a higher voltage than my receiver could handle, for whatever reason that caused weird steering issues like you had.

In the end I just had to settle for running the servo at a lower voltage than it's rated for, because I kept getting weird steering issues upon acceleration.
Try one of these. It works on both mine to help the higher volt servos. Also seems to help with acceleration voltage dips on my vorteks.

7FE2A075-6E7F-4774-B2DD-E7B1BFD4DBD0.png

Thanks ! Iv never actually seen or herd of these before …. So am pretty clueless
I hadn’t either but it works. Don’t ask me how, My wife is the smarter half of this partnership 😂

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back