Limitless Stock motor mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’m currently using stock 39t spool and 30t pinion. It seems that the pinion gear and 39t spool gear aren’t meshing well. Seems that the motors needs to slide in just a hair more but motor mount is pretty much all the way in. Am I missing something or do I need a different motor mount or the 56 series sliding plate. I’m going w a tp 4070cm 2200kv motor. Also the shaft is a lil short the pinion gear on the motor is almost on the end of the motor shaft. Can that be a potential problem?

You can always flip the pinion on the shaft if you need a couple more mm’s. It’s a pretty standard solution.
You can go up a tooth or two on the pinion and get proper mesh. You’re still well under the 1:1 gearing often used as a base point for speed running.

You can always flip the pinion on the shaft if you need a couple more mm’s. It’s a pretty standard solution.
You can go up a tooth or two on the pinion and get proper mesh. You’re still well under the 1:1 gearing often used as a base point for speed running.
Flipping the pinion puts me out to far where I can’t even line up w the spool. But going up a few teeth might help for sure thanks

My V1 Lim roller came with the boxed pinion. It was the smallest one to fit. Yet the stock mount would bottom out and I felt it still had Too much backlash with the Spur. I upped one more tooth and it was good enough. I have since moved way up in Pinion size. V1 Lim final drive ratio is different than the V2's, if I am correct.

>>I imagine this is what your are referring with your V2??:unsure: Not sure.

Edited.

Last edited:
My V1 Lim roller came with the boxed pinion. It was the smallest one to fit. Yet the stock mount would bottom out and I felt it still had Too much backlash with the Spur. I upped one more tooth and it was good enough. I have since moved way up in Pinion size. V1 Lim final drive ratio is different than the V2's, if I am correct.

>>I imagine this is what your are referring with your V2??:unsure: Not sure.

Edited.
Yes correct I just switched out the 30t for a 32t and yup it meshed properly so if I figure go up closer to 1:1 that would give me more room.

Yeah V1 Lim having a different final drive ratio, my stocker Pinion was a 27T. But the same scenario as your V2 Lim. Your mount bottoms out with a poor, loose 30T Pin. backlash.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back