Mojave Stock shock adjustment collar height?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schlepprock250

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Talion EXB
  3. Typhon 6s
Hey gang, I ran my new to me Mojave 6s for the first time today. I scored it last week, but I've been going over it, diffs, esc, calibrating cleaning. I noticed today that the body appears to be rubbing on the tires. I had noticed the previous owner had the springs ran all the way out. Meaning the adjustment collar was all the way at the top. Does anyone know off hand where the stock out of the box settings would be?
I used my calipers and cranked them down to 10.5 mm from the top of the collar to the bottom of the cap. I haven't ran it since then. Is the body rubbing the tires normal on the Mojave? Ever.. Never.. Sometimes?
I didn't jump it, just ran around the yard a little. Seemed to rub the body on quick tight turns. I still need to adjust the mesh a little, it's a little noisy compared to my Talion and Typhon. Thanks

You can crank up the spring preload with the collars as needed, I think mine is down almost half way on my Mojo if I remember.
Also, check your droop settings, I usually set mine “bones level” or, at full weight with batteries, so the a-arms are flat.
Did the prior owner install extended wheel hexes? Thats a pretty common mod for those trucks and can also make the wheels rub.

You can crank up the spring preload with the collars as needed, I think mine is down almost half way on my Mojo if I remember.
Also, check your droop settings, I usually set mine “bones level” or, at full weight with batteries, so the a-arms are flat.
Did the prior owner install extended wheel hexes? Thats a pretty common mod for those trucks and can also make the wheels rub.

Thanks, I cranked them down some. 10.5mm space between the top of the collar and the cap. Wasn't sure how much preload to put on it that way. It's my first Mojave so I have no idea about it's behavior while running. The previous owner did add the M2c droop screws, I have the arms flat with a battery loaded. I haven't added the Hex extensions yet, plan to get them ordered. I'm hoping I like the performance and behavior of the Mojave, might do a full build on it. Light level-ish bashing. Not really interested in launching it lol. I have my Talion 6s EXB for that 😁

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back