Talion Tallion for speed??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey folks. I am new to the hobby. 6 months in and definitely into speed runs. Has anyone found a good option for away bars? Currently on my Talion I am using Losi 8ight T 3.0 sway bars. Super thick ones. The front went right in but on the rear I used the TLR sway bar mounting points on RPM rear arms. Took some Dremel work but they are functioning well. Would prefer a cleaner option though. It runs straight as hell at 70mph though. Been trolling the forum since I got my first Arrma and have leaned a lot. Mostly that I don't know what I'm doing most of the time lol.

Sway bars help when taking turns to level the car.
For speed runs you do not need them. (extra un necessary aerodynamic drag and weight)

If you are not constantly turning and navigating technical terrain, anti-sway bars, roll bars do nothing. Straight speed running doesn't require them. It can be deleted. Yes. A weight savings and areo benefits. Sometimes leaner is better.
I noticed for the most part Arrma uses very thin sway bars anyway and are not attached well. They don't do much. I found using stiffer bars worked better For off road.

Last edited:
Hey folks. I am new to the hobby. 6 months in and definitely into speed runs. Has anyone found a good option for away bars? Currently on my Talion I am using Losi 8ight T 3.0 sway bars. Super thick ones. The front went right in but on the rear I used the TLR sway bar mounting points on RPM rear arms. Took some Dremel work but they are functioning well. Would prefer a cleaner option though. It runs straight as hell at 70mph though. Been trolling the forum since I got my first Arrma and have leaned a lot. Mostly that I don't know what I'm doing most of the time lol.
Took them off on my 130+ typhon

20210907_170034.jpg

So if I'm strictly speed running the car I can just delete them all together? I always thought they helped it remain stable at all times.

They are designed to transfer some of the upward motion to the opposite side to reduce the sway/roll. That function is intended for taking turns.
Absolutely not necessary for speed runs.

With that said I just took a 2nd look and James has at least the rear on his 190mph limitless. I couldn't tell if he has them on the front.

They are designed to transfer some of the upward motion to the opposite side to reduce the sway/roll. That function is intended for taking turns.
Absolutely not necessary for speed runs.

With that said I just took a 2nd look and James has at least the rear on his 190mph limitless. I couldn't tell if he has them on the front.
Big block torque,could it help on on HIGH powered systems.🤷‍♂️i know James is very secretive. Which I completely understand..

Noted! I appreciate the comments folks! Car is dirty as hell but this is the Losi 8ight sway bar in the back. Currently have the stock ESC and motor in the Talion so I am nowhere near the speeds any of you all are hitting lol. 190? I just want to touch close to 100 lol. I do have a Max6 and 1650kv coming in the mail. Some different gearing and we'll see where that gets me. I'll take the front off and run it a few times, then remove both. I have a lot of trial and error ahead but hopefully no curbs 😬. Prior to lowering the car and attempting some straightline speed, with these thick swat bars it does handle like it's on rails.

20210909_193357.jpg

20210909_193405.jpg

Big block torque,could it help on on HIGH powered systems.🤷‍♂️i know James is very secretive. Which I completely understand..
At some point the car is riding on the shock travel limiters with the loads the suspension sees and all the downforce at higher speeds. I suspect it is just a matter of not thinking to remove them.

Ok going to get some parts together to convert my Tallion to a GT speedster. What shock towers would work best the limitless towers? Got typhoon a arms and dog bones also limitless shocks on the list just not sure on the towers. Thanks guys

Ok going to get some parts together to convert my Tallion to a GT speedster. What shock towers would work best the limitless towers? Got typhoon a arms and dog bones also limitless shocks on the list just not sure on the towers. Thanks guys
Yep get the limitless/infraction/felony towers to go with those shocks.

Would love to see pics when you're done!

Just ordered limitless A arms drive shafts and dogbones front and rear shocks and shock towers all from Jenny's. I have a full set of felony rear Hoons on the bench.

Looks great 👍🏻 will the infraction or limitless front bumper fit?

getting ready for the new parts. Got the front and rear diffs rebuilt and new bearings. Hope to have the parts from Jenny's Monday.

5132A5ED-EACA-414F-99D8-C11944BA3578.jpeg

B1516C01-AFC0-437B-BBC1-E84ADE42238E.jpeg

426A1825-730C-4D81-91FC-7DB4D5B0484A.jpeg

I was looking around for a GT body but the wheel base of the Tallion is shorter than the infraction any suggestions??

Got all diffs rebuilt and new bearings limitless parts should be here tomorrow and hope to have a roller.

886C34AA-6BB4-4CCD-A8CA-BDF52EEF8151.jpeg

D2561C3C-1F1D-46CC-85E2-B3A1FC93B5F6.jpeg

9EA72DC2-552E-4CE9-9597-BC8774921E54.jpeg

AB65F862-1EF4-4785-96EC-A8075E42C702.jpeg

It's a roller need to find a body now. It's got a 15 inch wheelbase and 12 7/8 inches from outside to outside of tires.

9527E66C-4015-49CA-A21A-23CBD364335B.jpeg

96C7123B-696E-48DA-A285-2AB3B0BEA566.jpeg

238BF844-EC92-4543-B412-5E0F591090B2.jpeg

838D5DA9-9BFE-4836-ACF3-6CC25EA28EE0.jpeg

D45D15A1-8C4E-45DF-A122-DFCE77A38CDC.jpeg

61DDE5CC-B99A-4943-9B5E-BA5076E2FC7A.jpeg

0F7798FC-6AFD-4B92-BB6E-88B0D2C3F725.jpeg

I wonder how a typhon body would do on there.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back