The Dreaded DMV Trip

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
So in CT you have to make an online appointment for a DMV visit. 3 weeks ago I selected yesterday at 10:50 am as mine. I roll in at 10:40 and there are 6 cars circling a full parking lot. After my 3rd time around a security officer tells me he will move some cones and make a spot for me in my F150. Great.

I park my truck and see a line of approximately 60 people in the parking lot ? I get out and a security officer asks me what time I have. I tell him 10:50. He moves me to almost the back if the line. Long story short, I finally get in the building at 2 pm. I stood for over 3 hours outside freezing my ass off ? I get inside and I am issues a number. 25 minutes later I am called to the window at 2:25 pm....for my 10:50 am appointment! This was the worst experience I've ever had at a DMV. They blamed it on 5 workers calling out sick. Unacceptable.

I was there to register a car for the first time in CT. That can't be done by mail. Also, CT makes you go to the office for license renewals because they won't reuse the picture from your old license. New picture is required. Renewals are $72 for a six year license.

Sad thing is we pay them for giving us poor service:LOL::LOL::LOL: public servents my a$$

My wife just got her car smogged here for the first time. She was "In-N-Out" (man, I miss that place!) in about 20 minutes. Then she took her paperwork to a local supermarket, scanned it at the kiosk, and was issued her new sticker and registration on the spot.

One they do right here is the whole DMV/smog/registration thing.

Last edited:
ALL DMVs suck here, Ive spent anywhere from 1 to 3 hours every visit. Dread thinking of even going, and the people are rude as hell.

Back