Typhon 6s Shocks not rebounding

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zilla

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hi, new to the forum here. I just purchased a used typhon 6s a few days ago, stuff seems okay so far. The main problem I’m having is the front shocks. They wouldn’t rebound since the day I bought it. I emptied the old oil and put new oil in. The shocks still aren’t returning to normal ride height. For example, I push down on them all the way and they don’t come back up at all. Was wondering if y’all had any suggestions? Thanks!

Hi, new to the forum here. I just purchased a used typhon 6s a few days ago, stuff seems okay so far. The main problem I’m having is the front shocks. They wouldn’t rebound since the day I bought it. I emptied the old oil and put new oil in. The shocks still aren’t returning to normal ride height. For example, I push down on them all the way and they don’t come back up at all. Was wondering if y’all had any suggestions? Thanks!
When you rebuilt them, did you bleed all the air out ?

Yes! I tightened the pre load collars down on it a bit and it seemed to help some!
That works. I’ve got mine snugged down a bit, but I’m running them on a Granite. Takes some time to get them just right, gotta find that sweet spot. Good luck!?

Only time I had that (with the spring installed) I had a piston that was split. It had to be real clean to see it. If it wasn't, the oil filled the split and Hid it.

I've had the same issue with my typhon since I bought it brand new.
When I take the batterys out it rebounds a little better but still nowhere near as good as the rear.

Okay now for stupid question number 2. Are your shock collars turned all the way up?

Yes they were! I cranked them about more than halfway down now and it seems to have helped out a bit

Yes they were! I cranked them about more than halfway down now and it seems to have helped out a bit
Crank them down until the a arms sit level with the battery in the car.

Crank them down until the a arms sit level with the battery in the car.
The arms are level now, they are rebounding now, but still seem more stiff than the rear shocks, I put 35wht oil in the front. I wonder if there still could be some binding I’m not seeing? At least they’re usable for now!!

The arms are level now, they are rebounding now, but still seem more stiff than the rear shocks, I put 35wht oil in the front. I wonder if there still could be some binding I’m not seeing? At least they’re usable for now!!
35wt? Stock is 40wt.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back