Granite Upgrade update

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScaleJunkie

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Notorious
Installed these upgrades this past weekend, 2 hobbywing ezrun max10 sct combo with sensorless 3200 motor, Fast Eddies sealed bearings (made the mistake of ordering 2wd bearing, sent them back and got 4x4 bearings) hd input gear for rear diffs, blx motor mounts from Jenny's came with motor heat sinks, blx slippers, blx stock pinions, blx metal hexes, and hobbywing program card. I also picked up a set of the Protek hex drivers, they are very good quality, as an automotive tech I normally deal with Mac, Matco, and Snap-On(most of my stuff is Matco), and these seem to be about the same quality so far, will update and elaborate more in a few months. Holy crap, these arent even the same trucks! I cant say enough about the difference, day and night doesn't even come close! I have a buddy at work with a Traxxas Stampede 2wd brushed 12 turn, we were pretty close in a drag race when these trucks were stock. Today I gave him 2 trucks and the hit, across about a 50 yd stretch of parking lot. I chased him down and passed him just before 25 yds. Beyond happy even though i have spent more than what the blx costs. Te trucks. I have 1 more set of the HSP shocks to get, BUT, having 2 trucks the same except for shocks, the truck with stock suspension does not want to wheelie as much and seems to turn a little better at speed. This is because it sits lower. The truck with the HSP shocks, I put the stock springs on it because the HSP springs were just too stiff to work and left no droop at all. Sorry for the long winded post, just wanted to be thorough.

Edit: Trucks are being run on 2s gensacearespammers 5000mah 50c hard case lipo batteries.

Attachments

• 20190312_203215.jpg
    20190312_203215.jpg
    424.1 KB · Views: 66
  • 20190309_211832.jpg
    20190309_211832.jpg
    377.8 KB · Views: 63
  • 20190306_160811.jpg
    20190306_160811.jpg
    319.4 KB · Views: 68
  • 20190309_211706.jpg
    20190309_211706.jpg
    295.8 KB · Views: 70
  • 20190306_163611.jpg
    20190306_163611.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Installed these upgrades this past weekend, 2 hobbywing ezrun max10 sct combo with sensorless 3200 motor, Fast Eddies sealed bearings (made the mistake of ordering 2wd bearing, sent them back and got 4x4 bearings) hd input gear for rear diffs, blx motor mounts from Jennys came with motor heat sinks, blx slippers, blx stock pinions, blx metal hexes, and hobbywing program card. I also picked up a set of the protek hex drivers, they are very good quality, as an automotive tech I normally deal with Mac, Matco, and Snap-On(most of my stuff is Matco), and these seem to be about the same quality so far, will update and elaborate more in a few months. Holy crap, these arent even the same trucks! I cant say enough about the difference, day and night doesn't even come close! I have a buddy at work with a Traxxas Stampede 2wd brushed 12 turn, we were pretty close in a drag race when these trucks were stock. Today I gave him 2 trucks and the hit, across about a 50 yd stretch of parking lot. I chased him down and passed him just before 25 yds. Beyond happy even though i have spent more thn what the blx costs. I have 1 more set of the HSP shocks to get, BUT, having 2 trucks the same except for shocks, the truck with stock suspension does not want to wheelie as much and seems to turn a little better at speed. This is because it sits lower. The truck with the HSP shocks, I put the stock springs on it because the HSP springs were just too stiff to work and left no droop at all. Sorry for the long winded post, just wanted to be thorough.
I ordered some of the same stuff last week for my granite mega from Jennys rc also. I got the blx motor mount, front and rear diffs, front and rear input drive, and a new Servo. I still need to upgrade the slipper clutch. Did the arrma heatsink that came with the motor mount fit on your new hobbywing max 10 sct? I have been thinking about getting that same combo. I have just been trying to decide between the 3200 kv and 4000 kv. Is the 3200 kv fast enough for you and if so what pinion are you using?

Yea the heatsink fit, this motor is the same dimesions and kv as the stock blx motor. I did not upgrade the diffs or front input yet.
https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...R&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIiqPz69WB4QIVB4vICh0b3g1oE
This is the rear diff input I'm using. It's like a whole new truck. My buddy at work has a Stampede, we would drag race them when the Grantie was stock, and we were dead even. We raced again after the upgrades, no contest. The truck is at least twice as fast. I am running the stock 15t pinion and the spur from the blx.

Yea the heatsink fit, this motor is the same dimesions and kv as the stock blx motor. I did not upgrade the diffs or front input yet.
https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...R&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIiqPz69WB4QIVB4vICh0b3g1oE
This is the rear diff input I'm using. It's like a whole new truck. My buddy at work has a Stampede, we would drag race them when the Grantie was stock, and we were dead even. We raced again after the upgrades, no contest. The truck is at least twice as fast. I am running the stock 15t pinion and the spur from the blx.
Awesome! Good work with the upgrades. I believe I will go with the 3200 kv motor then. I am sure it will hold up with better temps then the higher kv one anyway. Now I just need to be lucky enough to find the blx slipper in stock on Jennys rc. It looks like you bought them all. ?

I watched Jenny's for over a week like a hawk.
Me too, never see the slipper available though ?. I stayed on the mega slipper with a Hot Racing spur and a 17t pinion.

We have a GoolRC 3660 3800kv motor with a Max10 also. It screams on the top end for sure but the motor gets hit.

I have yet to change the ESC settings. Is it worth doing? I couldn't find clear pdf directions on how to do it anywhere.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back