Typhon AR310864/ARAC4043 3s rear drive shaft update

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neelis

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
Last year september I bought some spare rear drive shafts for my Typhon, installed them this week and half way the first battery, one of the drive shaft disassembled themselves and 1 half of the driveshaft ended up in the grass.

Today I got a new one, same part number, but I noticed the design is slightly different.
The design seems a bit stronger, half a mil extra plastic and a different shape, to deal better with the torque.

Left the old, right the new.
1000018556.jpg

The finish is also a little better.
Nice to see this update on an old part.
1000018554.jpg

Last year september I bought some spare rear drive shafts for my Typhon, installed them this week and half way the first battery, one of the drive shaft disassembled themselves and 1 half of the driveshaft ended up in the grass.

Today I got a new one, same part number, but I noticed the design is slightly different.
The design seems a bit stronger, half a mil extra plastic and a different shape, to deal better with the torque.

Left the old, right the new.
View attachment 353465

The finish is also a little better.
Nice to see this update on an old part.
View attachment 353466
I just purchased new shafts this week and they look just like the newer set you purchased. Nice to know they're beefier! 👍

Thanks for sharing this. My Senton is basically a shelf queen because of that same issue. Snapped a few because I went to bigger Duratrax tires. Tried the metal china stuff, works ok, but doesn't work ok. I'll try these new ones. Mine look like the thinner style. Where did you buy them from?

I just purchased new shafts this week and they look just like the newer set you purchased. Nice to know they're beefier! 👍
Where did you find them?

LHS had NOS (new old stock) not like the above pic. Online sellers probably have the newest I guess. I took my busted Senton axle with me & compared the two & the pics above. Same as I had. Thanks for the heads up. But I did pick up some supplies.

Doing maintenance on my Gorgon & it has the new style thicker ones on the right in your pictures. My Senton has the thinner style. Same p/n for both trucks. I held them up to each other & they look exactly like your pictures.

Back