Typhon Velodrome Racing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scuderia

Reaction score
Anyone Velodrome Racing?

I took my Typhon along to an event and it was a blast. It drove better than I expect for a first time, I'll look at a better setup for next time.

Velo 2.jpg

Anyone Velodrome Racing?

I took my Typhon along to an event and it was a blast. It drove better than I expect for a first time, I'll look at a better setup for next time.

View attachment 346807

Private video🤷 do I need a speacial pass to watch?

That does look like alot of fun. I imagine the electronics get hot pretty fast.
During a race how many laps do they run?
I have a fan on the motor and the temperatures were not too bad. Even for a hot day, it was ~32C. Maybe because the surface is smooth and speeds are kept high.
Each run is 5 minutes, most people do not run the full 5 minutes.
There is no formal racing. The goal is top speed and/or average speed. The skill is driving the corners low and fast for more more speed on the straight. I didn't have timing but I felt the Typhon was reaching top speed on the straight.
That is an awesome track, never thought of using a velodrome. Around here they would never allow RC's.
We are fortunate the cycling club let us use the track. It's an old track though, there are other modern indoor facilities we would never be allowd to use.

The local government supports RC well here in general. There are numerous clubs and permernant tracks available for formal racing.

Last edited:
Back