Typhon What part is this and where do i find a new one?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wardedman

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new to this. This is my first hobby rc car. So far loving it, just bought it a few weeks ago but my third time using it I found this peice broke, not sure what it's called. Not sure why and how it broke.
16602414780968587104540216580493.jpg

thats a turn buckle, your local hobby shop should have them, or get an upgraded set off amazon
Thanks!!!! Looks like the metal ones on Amazon have terrible reviews? The closest hobby shop I have is an hour away here in alaska so kinda a hassle to get to.
Go ahead and get the BLX version while you're at it. Direct swap and a bit stronger. Keep the remaining Mega ones you take off for emergency spares.

https://jennysrc.com/products/arrma...-rear-granite-ar102696?variant=19223746773046
Ooohh I like those but they're out of stock... darn. Should I just get these until those are back in stock or buy the Amazon ones with bad reviews lol.
https://www.amainhobbies.com/arrma-...joI8m5iWAEAK1xXZtSqWnpi6EVYURHxxoCXgwQAvD_BwE

Enter your email to get notified when they come back in stock, it's usually a few days. You can find them elsewhere, it will be about double the price. Nothing wrong with the direct replacements, they're just not as strong. I wouldn't get the ones with bad reviews. They may look pretty, but that's it.

After bending numerous turnbuckles on my cars with the longer big rock/typhon arms I switched over to Traxxas rustler turnbuckles. They are stronger (I haven’t bent one since switching early this year) and also have metal balls (Arrma turnbuckles have composite balls). They fit a bit loose at the shock tower mounts but a small washer is all it takes to tighten up the fit. They are in stock also.

66B2C72B-CBFF-4899-8A28-112BC6E1F6A3.png

After bending numerous turnbuckles on my cars with the longer big rock/typhon arms I switched over to Traxxas rustler turnbuckles. They are stronger (I haven’t bent one since switching early this year) and also have metal balls (Arrma turnbuckles have composite balls). They fit a bit loose at the shock tower mounts but a small washer is all it takes to tighten up the fit. They are in stock also.

View attachment 235636
Does the whole set fit ?

I got the rears and I’m liking them so far.

thats a turn buckle, your local hobby shop should have them, or get an upgraded set off amazon
(y)
Actually it is a "Fixed" Link. That does not adjust/Turn.
I would def upgrade to a Turnbuckle adjustable style.

Does the whole set fit ?

I got the rears and I’m liking them so far.
Yup, they adjust quite a bit. On my parts bin Typhon I just built I used a whole set of rustler turnbuckles. I put one washer where they attach at the bulkheads since it’s a bit loose. At the other end I just tighten up a bit more till snug. If I remember right the steering rods are pretty spot on but I may have used a washer.

I did the same thing initially, bought a set for the top front turnbuckles and they cost close to 10 bucks. They worked so well that I got them off of Jenny‘s for $14 or so. I don’t have any issues with the Arrma turnbuckles that are shorter, as the composite balls wear out I just put team associated steel balls in. Its just the long ones on the typhon/big rock arms I tend to bend.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back