Typhon What to do with my HEAVY upgraded Typhon….?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freedomcrawler

Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion EXB
I recently picked up this Typhon (as pictured) to have as a basher/racer along with my Talion.
It’s got some good parts but it is just really heavy. Heavier than my stretched Talion. It lands so hard. Was originally thinking I could try and race it but I’d have to really lighten it up.
Has M2C shock tower braces that would be great to swap over to my Talion but I’m not sure I can swap the two out.

Is it worth swapping in a Typhon TLR tuned chassis and parts to try and lighten up this basher setup? Or just use my Talion as a basher and sell this for a Tekno/8ight or Typhon TLR Tuned?

I appreciate any insight from those who’ve done both. If I didn’t have my Talion already I’d just keep this as my basher.

A9A79DBA-7AAC-4DDF-95EC-390DF5C4FAE5.jpeg

533D09A0-193F-46A9-A613-DAB012E56629.jpeg

5C1BB787-484C-4977-9D98-A883A06C3FA0.jpeg

088ADF23-5921-493E-A09A-44554181765D.jpeg

7A318015-DAB7-4056-AD25-22281D5F3657.jpeg

Last edited:
That V5 chassis is fine. Not much heavier than a TLRT one. Unless it is not flat and all tweaked out. It looks well bashed with much mileage for sure. If you plan on racing competively at a track, then you must trim it down a bit where you can. CF towers etc. Those Front and Rear chassis braces don't look to be M2C's at all. :unsure: BTW They wont fit a Tally. I could be wrong?:giggle:
More like Arrma EXB ones. (in red) What I have in my TLRT.
The tires and wheels are what make it heavier a bit. And don't plan on racing with them. Use Buggy Pin Race wheels. A bit Lighter. Whatever type they use at your track. Racing only allows 4s packs, not 6s packs. Don't expect to lighten it more than a pound. gets costly. Get the TLRT Wing. For Better control, and handling. PL has the Axis Typhon Buggy Race body that gives more downforce over the Stocker body. You have options there. Sell it if you think its a better deal to flip it for more $$$. Clean and detail it to sell easier.
Then buy a TA or Tekno Kit for the track. Run Sensored 4s electrics, etc. Just keep your wallet in order for these.
:cool:

Last edited:
That V5 chassis is fine. Not much heavier than a TLRT one. Unless it is not flat and all tweaked out. It looks well bashed with much mileage for sure. If you plan on racing competively at a track, then you must trim it down a bit where you can. CF towers etc. Those Front and Rear chassis braces don't look to be M2C's at all. :unsure: BTW They wont fit a Tally. I could be wrong?:giggle:
More like Arrma EXB ones. (in red) What I have in my TLRT.
The tires and wheels are what make it heavier a bit. And don't plan on racing with them. Use Buggy Pin Race wheels. A bit Lighter. Whatever type they use at your track. Racing only allows 4s packs, not 6s packs. Don't expect to lighten it more than a pound. gets costly. Get the TLRT Wing. For Better control, and handling. PL has the Axis Typhon Buggy Race body that gives more downforce over the Stocker body. You have options there. Sell it if you think its a better deal to flip it for more $$$. Clean and detail it to sell easier.
Then buy a TA or Tekno Kit for the track. Run Sensored 4s electrics, etc. Just keep your wallet in order for these.
:cool:

Thanks for that input. I actually started with picking up a TLR SCTE 2.0 and its much lighter. Smaller too but just comparing that and my Talion and Infraction gives me perspective on how heavy this Typhon is. Agreed on Tires and wheels, I have some track wheels I could toss on. Mainly curious on other parts like that TLR Tyhphon Chassis and such but what you said makes sense. I'll definitely grab the wing at least. Thats a solid inexpensive upgrade and looks good too.

Yes, I've checked the shock tower braces on the M2C site and they say M2C on them. Didn't know if I could swap those over to the Talion.

BAF79AB7-79C7-46E8-ADEB-F9C8538CC806.jpeg

2FB6DDE5-A374-4E62-975B-2F67AA7C2671.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back