Granite Wheelie bar bumper

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
why do you need an upgrade? alum would increase the weight and make the granite more a wheelie monster than it already is. ALum would be more likely to break more expensive parts. flexiblity is king with parts that will take many hits. i know theres some 3d printed wheelie bars that are more flexible but theyre just users on here that make em

why do you need an upgrade? alum would increase the weight and make the granite more a wheelie monster than it already is. ALum would be more likely to break more expensive parts. flexiblity is king with parts that will take many hits. i know theres some 3d printed wheelie bars that are more flexible but theyre just users on here that make em
Mine doesn't have any wheelie bar. It's a mega.

Yea I bought about 6 at once. Vorteks wheelie bars are the way to go on 3s line

My bad, you said upgrade ao i thoyght you werw just trying to change out and went off a tangent.

Screw kit is optional i went with a big box of different sizes screws nuts washers off amazon when i added my wing mount. Just gotta double check lengths ans such. Kit is easier cause just plug and play

My bad, you said upgrade ao i thoyght you werw just trying to change out and went off a tangent.

Screw kit is optional i went with a big box of different sizes screws nuts washers off amazon when i added my wing mount. Just gotta double check lengths ans such. Kit is easier cause just plug and play
Lol it's all good. Adding 2s batteries to it makes it wheelie way to much. My son loves it but it makes it hard to handle at times

don't forget about throttle control on the controller! Kept myself at 50% until i got a good feel on my 3s cause it would wheelie itself into a backflip on 100%. Even now i start out at 75% until i get warmed up. Will also extend drive times cause less power draw!

When sourcing Screws, best to find 12.9 grade screws. They are stronger. Bend and strip way less easily. The 4x4 line use only 10.9 grade, less stronger. ALL the 6s Arrma models use 12.9 grade. The little things like this separate the 6s line from the 4x4 line of Arrma models. I buy all my screw kits from JennysRC. I sort all the hardware into small divider boxes. Sometimes if I want a unique screw, I will go to McMaster Carr for them. i.e. the 6s Motor mount meshing screws. I up size them, using M4 2.5mm Socket Head screws. The "Button Head" 2.0mm hexed stockers' strip out too easily.

Last edited:
Get the vorteks wheelie bar off Jenny’s. It’s like $3 and has better wheels/bearings on it than any other 3s wheelie bar.
⬆️ Yes, he’s totally right. The wheels are also lined with rubber while the others are all plastic. The wheels having bearings rather than plastic bushings make a nice difference also. No need to change the bumper though. The granite has good bumpers overall.

https://jennysrc.com/collections/ar...-bar-rubber-tires-and-ball-bearings-ara4305v3

When sourcing Screws, best to find 12.9 grade screws. They are stronger. Bend and strip way less easily. The 4x4 line use only 10.9 grade, less stronger. ALL the 6s Arrma models use 12.9 grade. The little things like this separate the 6s line from the 4x4 line of Arrma models. I buy all my screw kits from JennysRC. I sort all the hardware into small divider boxes. Sometimes if I want a unique screw, I will go to McMaster Carr for them. i.e. the 6s Motor mount meshing screws. I up size them, using 2.5mm Socket Head screws. The "Button Head" 2.0mm hexed stockers' strip out too easily.
Are you able to replace most of the 3s screws with a 6s screw pack off Jenny’s? Are the diameters and heads the same size just different hardness grade?

Are you able to replace most of the 3s screws with a 6s screw pack off Jenny’s? Are the diameters and heads the same size just different hardness grade?
There are many different sized screws between the 4x4 line and the 6s line. Even "some" screws are specific to each 6s model.
The 4x4 line have screws that pretty much crossover to "most" of the 4x4 line. With 6s screw kits from JennysRC you will get many 6s fasteners that you can't or won't need..
If not sourcing 12.9 grade screws from a generic supplier, probably best to just get the OE 10.9 grade 4x4 Screw set for your specific model. Cheaper this way.
Honestly you would only want or need 12.9 grade screws on the high load stressed areas. A 4X4 rig is much lighter than even the lightest 6s, the Typhon. Buying Arrma retail 4x4 screw replacements gets stupid expensive. Some come out to like $1.00 per screw.
Stay away from the upgrade SS screw sets, like from "RC Screwz". SS is rather soft. Been there. Crappy quality for this brand as well.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back