Fireteam Widebody Fireteam Arms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superoo

Reaction score
Hey

Are there any options to consider if I want wider arms for both front and back?
Looking to build a wider stance, not sure if this also means wider ball arms too.. wider by an inch on each arm probably.
tried ebay and Google but nothing turning up for Fireteam, you folks probably more knowledgeable than those sites.
wheels especially front turning one's are rubbing the body kit

thanks in advance

A few options:

*Hex extenders
*New Wider hexes
*Swap hubs and axle stubs to 6S Kraton/Outcast ones (probably the best most reliable option here).

Last edited:
Some of my note. I keep notes...

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...on-and-mojave-bits-n-pieces.53029/post-807285

Kraton Hubs on a Typhon +24mm.
Extensions are right in there +/-, these are +30mm (15mm extensions)
Mojave Arms are +38mm with typhon/mojave hubs. +62mm with additional kraton hubs.

There is certainly a difference. The hubs don't allow for additional Arm travel. Decide if you want that or not.

Mojave Arms nearly equal hub extensions but act differently on the rig.

Last edited:
Hey

Looking to build a wider stance, not sure if this also means wider ball arms too.. wider by an inch on each arm probably.
tried ebay and Google but nothing turning up for Fireteam, you folks probably more knowledgeable than those sites.

thanks in advance
I put kraton hubs and axles along with 10 mm extensions from Just Bash It on my Fireteam and it really makes the truck drive great! Also put on Backflip MY tires. Used the Hot Racing hubs and they are worth every penny. Fireteam is a great platform.

Hub extenders on the already undersized inner wheel bearings for the composite hubs are a recipe for disaster on a 6S Mojave/Fireteam. Outer race traditionally floats out and can work its way up the axle and cause servo/diff destruction.

Get upgraded inner bearing aluminum kraton/outcast/notorious stubs-hubs and do it right the first time.

If i recall it has typhon hubs. If true you can try kraton hubs and axle
+1
I believe the FT uses the shorter Talion hubs and stub axels. With the longest 6s Kraton/ Noto/OC Arms. I feel the proper way to widen the FT is to run the Kraton hubs/uprights and matching longer Stub axels.
How most do to widen it. Probably the best correct way it is done.
I have not.
And I, myself ,would not just use axle extenders. This just increases the Scrub Radius Angle of the front wheels and causes other driveability issues IMHO. The Arrma 6s Pivot ball design already has too much Positive Radius scrub as it is. IMHO. Also, too much positive Offset wheels contributes to this.
I am good with my FT as is , having dialed out much of the inherent Traction Rolling by Laying Down all 4 shocks, all the way, and adjusting the rear Roll Center better.

FWIW, I also placed 5 mm of shock compression stroke limiting at the front shocks. To prevent the front CVDs from popping out at the Output cups. A common complaint. Anyone owning a FT needs to do this. FT is nose heavy out the box, and contributes to extreme Fr shock compression.
I moved my Lipo tray rearward on the chassis, and the FT is better balanced. The XLWB chassis allows for this. The holes are there already. Many do this right away. It seems to be a thing. Works for me.

Edited.

Last edited:
I am good with my FT as is , having dialed out much of the inherent Traction Rolling by Laying Down all 4 shocks, all the way, and adjusting the rear Roll Center better.
@SrC .. do you have a pic of what position you have your camber links, for a better roll center??
Thanks in advance 👍🏼

My current Roll center. I played with a few rear camber link positions trying to match the built in fixed roll center of the front. Laying down all 4 shocks completely made most of the difference. Tweaking the Roll Center made it perfect for me and how I drive. As good as it got for me. The rest is just adapting driver skill to what you got in front of you. You drive the model. Don't let the the model drive you.... Nuts that is .....:ROFLMAO:

20230714_143139.jpg

20230714_143102.jpg

20230714_143959.jpg

Last edited:
@superoo FT is a blast!!!

Only speak for myself. I also like the Kraton axles/hubs swap. The stability over the factory is excellent with this setup and the M2C Hex extenders. Hex entenders hold the nuts great! Like a cat lands on its feet.

Get the longer front turnbuckles. The stock will be too short for the Kraton hubs...my only error until I ordered them at the end!

Best luck with a pick

@superoo FT is a blast!!!

Only speak for myself. I also like the Kraton axles/hubs swap. The stability over the factory is excellent with this setup and the M2C Hex extenders. Hex entenders hold the nuts great! Like a cat lands on its feet.

Get the longer front turnbuckles. The stock will be too short for the Kraton hubs...my only error until I ordered them at the end!

Best luck with a pick

thanks! I'm still shopping, buying pieces here and there just no rush to buy lump purchase hahaha

what you mean by longer front turnbuckle? what's the stock length vs the longer ones you got? I see 4x95mm from the fireteam exploded view

thanks!

Last edited:
Hey

thanks in advance
I got dkky hub extenders on mine 10mm each side

I too use the kraton 6s stub axles and hot racing Kraton replacement front and rear hubs. Backflip MT tires as well.

Longer Hex extenders is the poor mans way out.
Just that it changes The Radious scrub angle of the wheels. Mostly at the front. Its like adding Extreme Positive Offset wheels.
If not sure what that is, disregard. It probably won't matter to you.....
Just Bash on.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back