Ace of gens battery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kiba.k9

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Kraton EXB
Well I think I had a 6s battery die sadly I'm not that versed in the ohming out battery's anyone have any idea and this battery when I pulled it out cell 1 through 5 were at 2.7 v it did not trigger low voltage shut down till this point the 6th cell was at 3.7v it charged fine but the ohms are off

20240506_040535.jpg

From what it sounds like it's getting replaced

If you have not done so already.... try to charge and discharge back to storage a few times to see if it can be saved.
If not then take it to be recycled.
Discharge to what voltage

Resistance levels look more than healthy, better than some brand-new ones.
e-charge and bash on. I wouldn't do anything special.

If it refuses to charge, use NiCd mode at 0.1C rate for about 30 min, after that, you can charge normal.

Resistance levels look more than healthy, better than some brand-new ones.
e-charge and bash on. I wouldn't do anything special.

If it refuses to charge, use NiCd mode at 0.1C rate for about 30 min, after that, you can charge normal.
That's with it charged

Ok, your charger is just refusing to charge this low voltage.
Do NiCd mode at appropriate voltage level and set to a very low current (~0.5A), leave it there for ~ 30 min and the voltages will return to standard Lipo mode levels.

Key here is the low current, going from 2.7 to ~ 3.2 generates a lot of heat if done too quickly.

LVC on an ECS is only in place to protect the ESC from low voltage damage. Don't ever run to those levels. Learn how to end your runs sooner.

Discharging to 3.7 and will charge back up no my charger charged it but this battery can tell when there was a massive difference between the cells of 300mv and it will go in to a protect mode

17150235288784655768071266955921.jpg

Don't discharge, the comment above was to charge back to storage levels and discharge after for a couple times, you never even charged to storage.

I find it suspicious that the mOhms reading are all multiples of each other. 3.4 mOhms is double 1.7. And 3.2 is double 1.6 in the other picture. That makes me wonder how granular and realistic the IR readings are that your charger is displaying. I'd personally continue running the battery and keep closely monitoring it. Set your LVC as high as possible to prevent over discharges, and then come down from there once you establish a baseline.

I find it suspicious that the mOhms reading are all multiples of each other. 3.4 mOhms is double 1.7. And 3.2 is double 1.6 in the other picture. That makes me wonder how granular and realistic the IR readings are that your charger is displaying. I'd personally continue running the battery and keep closely monitoring it. Set your LVC as high as possible to prevent over discharges, and then come down from there once you establish a baseline.
I think toolkit is iSDT which are decent products, but I agree. I don't trust the readings on chargers.

Yeah, assuming those ohm readings are correct, they look better than any of my batteries. I have many packs where some cells are near 10 ohms even near full charge. Definitely do make sure the LVC of your ESC is set as high as possible until you figure out what the state of the battery truly is. Or, wait for a response from Gens if the battery is new enough for warranty?

Totally agree, it's very odd. The numbers are way too consistent, multiples of 1.7 and very low from what I would expect

The internal resistance is not exactly something measured directly. It's calculated based on voltage, current passed and an external load. It could be that when it drops below a threshold it defaults to some number or the actual circuit changes the result. i.e. it's probably not correct.

I believe some chargers only can read correctly during certain processes or certain points of the charge. Maybe it does not work while discharging?

Very possible. I have seen the IR change depending on conditions.

@Kiba.k9 You might tell the charger it's a LiFe battery and see what you get. The Voltage range is lower. 2.5V-3.65V.

Although, I wouldn't charge it like that, but maybe check the IR and see if it's different?

I believe some chargers only can read correctly during certain processes or certain points of the charge. Maybe it does not work while discharging?
I can only see ohms from my Hota S6 while charging, and only after at least 5 minutes of charging. It does not give ohm readings under stoarge charge, discharge or static. I literally don't own a single battery pack that reads as low as this Gens pack does though. Then again, I only buy Ping Pong batteries from amazon or similar cuz I'm a chronic cheap basturd, LOL.

I can only see ohms from my Hota S6 while charging, and only after at least 5 minutes of charging. It does not give ohm readings under stoarge charge, discharge or static. I literally don't own a single battery pack that reads as low as this Gens pack does though. Then again, I only buy Ping Pong batteries from amazon or similar cuz I'm a chronic cheap basturd, LOL.
As of right now

17150270208574119816717172747858.jpg

Switched to charge

As of right now

Switched to charge
Both my 6s gens-ace-r-spam battery ohms

As of right now

Switched to charge
Both my gens/ace battery ohms

Attachments

• 17150271255694221109177548913948.jpg
    17150271255694221109177548913948.jpg
    330.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 17150274607133081639016178150540.jpg
    17150274607133081639016178150540.jpg
    315.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
As of right now

View attachment 364861

Switched to charge
Looks normal to me? I had some Zeee batts go off the rails a while back. All the ir readings acrossed the cells were between 3-8 ohms at or near full charge, several cycles through my Xmaxx without issue. Then, one run in the K8S and I had ir readings between 40-50ohms on all cells.. toast. The lower the ohms, the better. I think yours is okay, but keep a close eye on it, till you get more cycles on it without any problems. What esc, and what is the lvc set at?

Back