My daily gripe- do your job better.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamwins

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite Grom
  2. Outcast 4s
  3. Typhon TLR
Been waiting for this part to come in from the UK. This is simply a titanium spool in a not padded envelope. US CBP and US Dept of Agriculture have a very wide range of equipment to do what it is they do and some of the best in imaging tech out there courtesy of my tax dollars. So my package is delayed because it was flagged for what reason?.. sitting a few days there where it was physically opened and inspected. All the while a handheld and stationary machine sits there which could have expidited my stupid spool a week sooner and not been so obvious they just dropped a deuce on my privacy and delayed my fun project 7 days. Sob’s.
IMG_6508.jpeg

Been waiting for this part to come in from the UK. This is simply a titanium spool in a not padded envelope. US CBP and US Dept of Agriculture have a very wide range of equipment to do what it is they do and some of the best in imaging tech out there courtesy of my tax dollars. So my package is delayed because it was flagged for what reason?.. sitting a few days there where it was physically opened and inspected. All the while a handheld and stationary machine sits there which could have expidited my stupid spool a week sooner and not been so obvious they just dropped a deuce on my privacy and delayed my fun project 7 days. Sob’s. View attachment 367288
So the project is moving forward? That sucks tho, sorry dude.

Been waiting for this part to come in from the UK. This is simply a titanium spool in a not padded envelope. US CBP and US Dept of Agriculture have a very wide range of equipment to do what it is they do and some of the best in imaging tech out there courtesy of my tax dollars. So my package is delayed because it was flagged for what reason?.. sitting a few days there where it was physically opened and inspected. All the while a handheld and stationary machine sits there which could have expidited my stupid spool a week sooner and not been so obvious they just dropped a deuce on my privacy and delayed my fun project 7 days. Sob’s. View attachment 367288

So, the titanium spool triggered a sensor/something in the delivery center...

Their A.i. probably detected it to be some ultra high tech part to a national security -heat seeking auto-aiming DU FU discarding sabot round..

But once they ripped your package open and found a handful of ball bearings on a rod...
🤷‍♂️🤦

Guess they have to have a reason to spend all those Trillions of tax payer money on something..
Otherwise how can they raise our taxes each year!!!?

So, the titanium spool triggered a sensor/something in the delivery center...
:rolleyes:
Their A.i. probably detected it to be some ultra high tech part to a national security -heat seeking auto-aiming DU FU discarding sabot round..

But once they ripped your package open and found a handful of ball bearings on a rod...
🤷‍♂️🤦

Guess they have to have a reason to spend all those Trillions of tax payer money on something..
Otherwise how can they raise our taxes each year!!!?

Just picturing the customs guys standing there googling Scorched RC to see if they make gun parts :ROFLMAO:
I hadn't thought about the whole wmd's or parts for modifying weapons, I suppose with a business called Scorched Earth declaring "titanium upgrade parts" one might wonder if this is some dark web item to convert my sling shot to an uzi. Its a weird world we live in.

:rolleyes:

Yeah sometimes I get to wondering if these guys are actually doing their due diligence or just creepy compulisve package peeping Tom’s. 🤷‍♂️

What part of the country are you located abouts..?

Obviously, the Agriculture Bureau got their pants all up in a bunch because they keep scanning your stuffs thinking it's related to farming..

Why don't you order a couple of pumpkins or soy beans seeds with your RC parts and see IF they will still rip up your order packages.

What else would someone living in a whale’s vagina honestly buy? 😆

Obviously, the Agriculture Bureau got their pants all up in a bunch because they keep scanning your stuffs thinking it's related to farming..

Why don't you order a couple of pumpkins or soy beans seeds with your RC parts and see IF they will still rip up your order packages.
I’m still trying to figure out why the FL Dept of Agriculture is the one who issues my concealed permit.

I’m still trying to figure out why the FL Dept of Agriculture is the one who issues my concealed permit.

That's in case you stray onto their BLM properties with an assault pistol
and try to poach one of their endangered critters

-such as their favorite southern large mouth alligator gars!

Fish Education GIF by Mecklenburg County

Im in california. To my knowledge the inspectors are Customs and Border Protection officers that do the inspecting. which is for all prohibited items. I don't know that we have the same "rights" more or less when it comes to mail thats international simply because its US CBP. (& generally speaking you have no rights when it comes to feds, they do what they want/ how they want). i do know with USPS if there is a concern you may be in violation with the contents of your mail within the states they have to get consent from one of the parties before it is opened otherwise its deemed non-deliverable and destroyed. But they can/do use xray as well as k9s. (i'vn done done a good ammount of shipping non illegal items and have been contacted for that consent in the past and have given it and also not given it).

Every time i order something directly from GPM, it arrives at my destination country within days, and it is then held by customs for 3 weeks.
Thats crazy and unnecessary. I’m wish I knew someone that works as a customs inspector at a port of entry to ask them a few questions. But only person i know works as a USBP officer and does regular types of duties. Not sure how one ends up in the international mail inspection dept. or if they’re a whole different type of customs worker. That would not be too exciting day in and out. (IMO) but maybe it’s fun who knows.

Thats crazy and unnecessary. I’m wish I knew someone that works as a customs inspector at a port of entry to ask them a few questions. But only person i know works as a USBP officer and does regular types of duties. Not sure how one ends up in the international mail inspection dept. or if they’re a whole different type of customs worker. That would not be too exciting day in and out. (IMO) but maybe it’s fun who knows.
A couple of weeks ago, there was a radio broadcast where the head of our customs was interviewed. She said that a large customs departement is located at the post sorting center and that everything is being scanned. They are just overworked.

Sad Inside Out GIF

Sorry that people actually do their job and look at something unknown to them.
The bad people always label items correctly with 'Super Secret bomb stuff' etc.

I rather have someone wait a week (or 3 or 6) than have something slip by.

Only aggravating if you don't consider the consequences. Always plan for 6 weeks and be happy if it shows up earlier, makes the life more pleasant.

Back