Typhon Typhon 3s V3 without Motor Fan!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AshBegash

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
Hello Everyone, since the previous version of the Typhon 3S, did not have a motor fan on it,.
While the new v3 blx motor does have a fan on it.
Now, since the v3 motor fan is very weak, and it got easily brooked, especially on the hard landing, am thinking of not installing a fan on the motor, anyone have experience with Typhon 3s V3 without a motor fan on it?
I run it with 6200mah 3s battery. which lasts over 30 minutes run time.

Replace with a better 30mm fan, I wouldn't run it without a motor fan for very long, just going to cause wear on the motor from heat. Fans are pretty cheap

Will get a cheap one anyway, but my question is how the older version motor comes without it and how was it?

Will get a cheap one anyway, but my question is how the older version motor comes without it and how was it?
Because they originally thought it would be fine without it. They found out they were wrong.
If they had removed a fan, then it would mean they found out it doesn't need one.

I wish I got 30 min run time.... I get 9-10 on a 5200mah..
I only know wot though and that's probably the issue 😂

I'd run a fan.. why not.
Power hobbies clamp on mount and a 30x30 rocket fan. Never worry again.
1714691155054.png
I bought it from https://www.amainhobbies.com/ Tekin 30x30x10 Hiflow Aluminum Cooling Fan (Black/Red) [TEKTT3861] US $19.99. Just make sure whichever you choose that the fan is blowing down on the motor. The heatsink from the motor will dissipate the heat better. Hope you get it cooled down sooner than later!
Arrma Kraton 1/8 6S BLX Heatsink & Fan For Spektrum 2050kv Brushless Motor
Arrma Kraton 1/8 6S BLX Heatsink & Fan For Spektrum 2050kv Brushless Motor

I run a fan or two on every rig I own. Just to save the motor. 💥

Ditch the heat sink all together my friend. It seriously holds back the ability of the fan to cool the motor.
Sounds opposite but I and many others have proven it works much better.

This is the rocket fan from SurpassHobby and power hobbies clamp on mount I mentioned. Fan is like 10-13$ and mount like 12 or 13 I think.
I've ran the truck flat out when it was 112 out and it managed to keep it nice and cool.
All the aluminum fans that look like that are prob made by the same people so if you go that route just go off price and which looks best to ya.

Ps, you can mount either 1 or 2 fans on just this 1 mount and it can be a 30x30 or 35x35

20230721_230756.jpg

20230715_201911.jpg

Sweet. Now that's a fan. Might try it on my Noto. (y)

Just to add to the "why fan" conversation, I do have a Typhon that came sans-fan, and it burnt out quickly in the Georgia heat and humidity. Added a set of small fans between the ESC and motor, not overheated since! So definitely a wise choice going ahead with the fan purchase.

Back