Grom 1/18 Grom Servo install struggle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamwins

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite Grom
  2. Outcast 4s
  3. Typhon TLR
Recently upgraded the grom with new motor & esc. I removed the servo and for the life of me I cant get the armature that goes onto the servo to line up correctly so it will turn the wheels all the way to the right and left. I would think there would be some markings or indications of where to place that so i am centered correctly if that makes sense. Thanks!

a

Install the servo and power up the rig then shut it down before you install the servo horn. Make sure your steering trim is at zero on the radio. This will center the servo. Then install the servo horn centered with the wheels pointed straight ahead. This will get you close enough to fine tune it with the trim settings. Don’t forget to set the endpoints!
Also, welcome to the forum. And thank you for supporting it with Premium membership so early in the game. It’s a great investment for the best RC forum out there!

I don't think there's EPA on the SLT2, but there's dual-rate.

Same on me , bought an SLR300 to upgrade my granite grom to brushless.
Hoping i will succeed to pair it with the stock SLT2 !

Same on me , bought an SLR300 to upgrade my granite grom to brushless.
Hoping i will succeed to pair it with the stock SLT2
Install the servo and power up the rig then it down before you install the servo horn. Make sure your steering trim is at zero on the radio. This will center the servo. Then install the servo horn centered with the wheels pointed straight ahead. This will get you close enough to fine tune it with the trim settings. Don’t forget to set the endpoints!
Also, welcome to the forum. And thank you for supporting it with Premium membership so early in the game. It’s a great investment for the best RC forum out there
Install the servo and power up the rig then shut it down before you install the servo horn. Make sure your steering trim is at zero on the radio. This will center the servo. Then install the servo horn centered with the wheels pointed straight ahead. This will get you close enough to fine tune it with the trim settings. Don’t forget to set the endpoints!
Also, welcome to the forum. And thank you for supporting it with Premium membership so early in the game. It’s a great investment for the best RC forum out there!
Thanks Dude

Thanks Dude! That worked like a charm. I was excited and forgot to put the screw in the horn so I had to do it twice but it’s great now. Really appreciate your help and very welcome, it’s an excellent investment and at a fraction of what I imagine I would pay to get myself out of a frustrating technical conundrum.

Cheers!
A

Hi there - we, I mean "Santa got a Grom for our of Xmas. The servo was the second thing that went out, first being the other usual suspect, the differential.

New servo came in, it's installed, and centered. Trying to figure out about endpoint adjustment. When I follow the instructions in that manual, the remote goes into "EPA setting state," but doesn't like to the car. I'd have thought I'd be able to set the endpoints with the car on, to see how far to the servo should go, and add or subtract steering wheel angle.

Seems there's something I'm missing here, but can't figure what. Hints?

Back