2019/04/06 Bashing my outcast at the grass BMX again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olds97_lss

Bash Break Repeat!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Outcast 6s
Also too my 21TM revo, but didn't even make it through a tank of fuel and my rear diff chunked at me. In the 12+ years of having a revo in one form or another, this is the first diff I had actually blow out on me. The pin holding the spiders ground through the channels in the cup. Sucks, as I was really looking forward to really ripping it at the BMX track. Took half the first tank to get the tune right, or kind of close to right, then a handful of jumps and it was done.

The outcast did well. Snapped the RPM wing mount off, broke a dubro monster duty ball end off the front shock and may have a diff going out on me, not sure yet. You can hear the sound it makes a couple places in the video, but it only did that a couple times throughout 2 packs.

Also, the HRB 5000mah packs only gave me about 16 minutes of run time. Will have to keep track of that. I increased my punch from 3 to 5 before the outing. It needs to be higher still as I was getting unpredictable power drops when jamming the throttle on the face of a few of the jumps, which ended with bad crashes.

Enjoy!
Outcast:

Revo:

eJato bash from last weekend. Not overly exciting as the temp was too cold and it couldn't find traction at the BMX track. I still managed to break it twice. LOL! May have to try removing the string from the tires as the lack of ballooning probably added to the lack of traction as well. I have a spare set of 2.8" trenchers from my stampede I can throw on it.

Nice little area. I'm still looking around me for a good spot for bashing.

Nice bash, awesome spot. I must say you're not scared to air em out. That jato was taking the abuse.

Good to see someone that still likes nitro. I have 3 nitro jatos and 2 Tmaxx trucks. Love 10 scale stadium and M Trucks.

The Outcast is a beast, you got them backflips down. See a lot of people break the wheelie bars on them.

Nice bash, awesome spot. I must say you're not scared to air em out. That jato was taking the abuse.

Good to see someone that still likes nitro. I have 3 nitro jatos and 2 Tmaxx trucks. Love 10 scale stadium and M Trucks.

The Outcast is a beast, you got them backflips down. See a lot of people break the wheelie bars on them.
Kind of bummed it snapped off. I removed the wing a long time ago, but left the stock wheelie bar as something to take the hit before the rear tower. Now there's nothing but the body, which is going to get torn to shreds. Will probably spend the $80 on one of those "indestructible" bodies and see how that goes. Just don't see the point in spending $50+ on a stock body to have it shred apart like this one has.

Was also pretty disappointed about the revo crapping out so early. Really wanted to stretch it's legs a lot more at that place to see how it did. I didn't even get it tuned properly before it broke. Pretty sure I'd just blow my savage x shocks apart if I took it there... but I'm not very smart, so it will likely make a showing there some time this year.

Kind of bummed it snapped off. I removed the wing a long time ago, but left the stock wheelie bar as something to take the hit before the rear tower. Now there's nothing but the body, which is going to get torn to shreds. Will probably spend the $80 on one of those "indestructible" bodies and see how that goes. Just don't see the point in spending $50+ on a stock body to have it shred apart like this one has.

Was also pretty disappointed about the revo crapping out so early. Really wanted to stretch it's legs a lot more at that place to see how it did. I didn't even get it tuned properly before it broke. Pretty sure I'd just blow my savage x shocks apart if I took it there... but I'm not very smart, so it will likely make a showing there some time this year.
Nice vids Olds. Lotta "oomphs" coming out of your mouth on some of those landings :LOL:.
1553740560274918398593878904480.jpg
I'm considering doing away with the wing as well, and shaving down the mounts, as you still need the internal parts for the chassis brace. This new wheelie bar from T-Bone, has already taken a few good hits and cartwheels. So far, so good. It doesn't mount to the dif case, which was one of the issues with earlier models, and it has a full skid plate. It's kind of large, but I like the angle better for keeping the truck from back flipping on power. Only run a few times, but my runs are usually upside down and backwards. We'll see if it holds up over time. It's technically a Kraton part, which I don't understand. The Outcast/Notorious platform is identical, except for the chassis length, but T-Bone still seems to make specific parts for each vehicle.

Nice vids Olds. Lotta "oomphs" coming out of your mouth on some of those landings :LOL:.View attachment 34942 I'm considering doing away with the wing as well, and shaving down the mounts, as you still need the internal parts for the chassis brace. This new wheelie bar from T-Bone, has already taken a few good hits and cartwheels. So far, so good. It doesn't mount to the dif case, which was one of the issues with earlier models, and it has a full skid plate. It's kind of large, but I like the angle better for keeping the truck from back flipping on power. Only run a few times, but my runs are usually upside down and backwards. We'll see if it holds up over time. It's technically a Kraton part, which I don't understand. The Outcast/Notorious platform is identical, except for the chassis length, but T-Bone still seems to make specific parts for each vehicle.
I modified mine and removed my sway bars, then bolted the flat piece directly to the diff cap without using the diff caps screws directly. So, the diff cap screws do their job and their job only while the other screws are using the sway bar screw holes and an extra one I made. So far, this has held up well. With the orignal setup, it ripped the top 2 screws out of the diff cap and I fried my diff before I realized the issue.
2018-0921-Outcast-TBWheelieBar-Mount01.jpg

Nice vids Olds. Lotta "oomphs" coming out of your mouth on some of those landings :LOL:.View attachment 34942 I'm considering doing away with the wing as well, and shaving down the mounts, as you still need the internal parts for the chassis brace. This new wheelie bar from T-Bone, has already taken a few good hits and cartwheels. So far, so good. It doesn't mount to the dif case, which was one of the issues with earlier models, and it has a full skid plate. It's kind of large, but I like the angle better for keeping the truck from back flipping on power. Only run a few times, but my runs are usually upside down and backwards. We'll see if it holds up over time. It's technically a Kraton part, which I don't understand. The Outcast/Notorious platform is identical, except for the chassis length, but T-Bone still seems to make specific parts for each vehicle.
Notorious J would you happen to have the part# on the wheelie bar? The original was part# 10023 and the new 3.0 wheelie bar set lists as TBR 11091 for the V2/V3 2018 Kraton.

TB quotes "only difference is 2 new mounting points for the bumper piece into the hinge block".

Ok Notorious J, I'll have to do some research as your part # is different from the two I listed.
10091 looks to be the same, but some pictures show the extra block where the support brace hooks on to, and some of the pics don't. The listing says it comes with it. This is almost identical to the one I bought.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back