2023 Arrma Kraton 6s EXB Make Ready and Tuning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The code listed in post 17 is for Amain, not Tower/Horizon. :) If your "Super Saver" membership is active on Tower, It'll be in you acct details.
I’ll check but I didn’t see anything. I’ll see if I can’t post a pic later. Thanks

~25 packs through the truck now. It's out of control, on 6s-very hard to use full throttle, even with space. I backflipped the truck, just by accelerating, while it was moving. That's why I've only run a couple of 6s packs, and when I do, the crashes increase. My repair on the wing mount lasted exactly one impact, with 2 of 3 zip ties snapped. Body, and the rest of the truck, are holding up well. The Minokawas have become my go to tire for grass.

Last edited:
I'd guess I'm @ ~40 something, 4s packs on this truck. Lost a screw at the inner rear drivers side suspension link, and she threw the dogbone. Turns out, most of the suspension link screws were loose, so they got thread locker. I'm prepping to drive to OK, to pick up a new bike, and decided to take a SxS detour to Little Sahara-a 1600 acre dune field, I've visited a couple times before. Opened the K6s EXB center diff, to add some fluid, and discovered the rear center shaft has one side of the cross pin sheared off, at the rear diff cup. This is listed as a 135mm shaft, and I have 139mm arriving today, ordered to replace the 139mm half shaft that the car dropped, but I later found. No time to order the 135mm shaft in time for departure on Monday, but my 139mm shafts are scheduled to arrive today. Checking end play of the rear center shaft, looks to be 5-6mm. Going to check fit, and can polish a bit off the ends, if tight. Has anyone use a 139mm outer shaft, to temporarily replace the 135mm rear center shaft? I was also a bit surprised to see the cross pins on both center shafts were worn ~ half way through, on the diff ends, after ~40 4s packs, and already need replacement. :( Edit: On inspection, the 139mm half shafts have a larger ball on the outside end, so will not fit the center shaft drive cups. LHS doesn't have it, and I'm not paying to overnight a $12 part. Looks like the Kraton is sidelined, until the two sets of drive shafts I bought come in. Could pay for upgraded shipping, to the rental house, but I'll just take a couple of other trucks. Sucks, since this is the 1st opportunity I've had to rip it at a primo location. :confused: I should have the K4s RTG, w new electronics, as well as the Big Rock 3s. :)

Last edited:
Back