California 2nd Annual - Sacramento Valley RC Fest - April 6th & 7th

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeighDay

I came...I saw...I broke it
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Outcast 6s
  3. Outcast 8s
  4. Talion EXB
Looks like a great event coming up in the Sacramento area. Planning on heading out there myself.

https://sacramentovalleyrcfest.com/

https://www.instagram.com/sacramentovalleyrcfest/

https://www.facebook.com/SacramentoValleyRCFEST/

1682287181005.png

Thread type
RC Track or Bash Spot
Type of Event
  1. Racing
  2. Bashing
I'm an 1.5 hrs away. Just went to take the boy to hang out. Bunch of vendors (fast track hobbies, couple other hobby and model shops, clubs, mini crawler booth). Raffles every hour. They had a cool crawling area set up on the beach. There was a large pool type thing so you can try rc boats. Also Bunch of rc boats in the lake. Planes all over. Mini drone course. Bunch of food trucks. Band. I'd say it was a legit festival catered to the RC folk. I was mainly in the bashing area w/ my son. Hung out w duperbash (not really, but we were right next to him. Lol). Kept driving my rigs into the swamp behind the big ramps bcuz I suck at driving and cant hit (2) 4ft wide ramps from an angle. 😂😜. I honestly didn't do much driving tho. Me and my son were busy checking out all the model planes, trucks and boats. Kona shaved ice truck was pretty yummy!

Definitely a great event. Was out there for two days mostly in the bashing area. Broke all of my RCs. Xmaxx was the champ over the two days. Tons of raffles like others mentioned. My sons had a great time racing the min cars around the tracks and playing on the SCX24 crawler course. They also really enjoyed the boats. The parts breaker ramp was definitely a mud pit but it made sure you sent it off the ramp to clear it.

I will try and post some videos later.

IMG_2793.jpeg

IMG_2791.jpeg

It was an awesome event yet again this year, much thanks to Fast Track hobbies for putting it on, and especially to all the volunteers like @Da Spanky that make this possible!

It was great to see and bash with you again @PeighDay, I think there is a good chance next year you'll see me with a cart full of RCs like yours, lol. And echoing the previous sentiment, if there was a hospitality award or similar at the event, you would definitely win it!

For anyone seeing this and wondering if they should come out next year, do it! I drove up 3 hours one way and camped out in the mountains Saturday night, I would easily drive two or three times that distance for an event of this caliber without a second thought.

It's got everything, from an area to send it as hard as you want, to a crawler course, learning to fly a plane, racing boats, etc. etc. Just an awesome event that's both family friendly (it was great seeing whole families driving their RCs around the event in convoys) and has the room to do some serious bashing.

From beginners to seasoned experts, there is a lot for everyone!

Unfortunately I didn't get many pictures this year as I had too much fun bashing (and fixing, the parts breaker ramp definitely is aptly named), but here are a couple pictures of the aftermath.

1000009552_edited.jpeg

1000009556-01.jpeg

The total carnage for this year included:

-two left rear arms
-one front lower arm
-one front upper arm
-some bent hinge pins
-two blown tires
-four snapped shock standoffs
-two steering rod ends
-and some electrical glitchiness from having too much fun in the water

Overall, not too bad, I think I broke fewer parts than last year! I'll be trying out the RamJam titanium shock standoffs, but other than that, I think I have my basher Kraton at the point that all I really need to worry about is consuming arms on poor landings. 😎

That's the ramp w the swamp right behind it.. I landed and drove 2 trucks into that. Lol. I saw your XMAXX FLYING! Just didn't know it was you. Me and the kid had a blast! He keeps asking if we can go back. I keep telling him "next year bud." He'll say OK, but I doubt he knows what a year really is. 😆

@Da Spanky & @pomplemus thank you both for the kind words. It was definitely a great event for everyone and feel fortunate to be able to attend. Everyone there had a great attitude.

This is a very long video from Sunday. Mostly includes the jumps by the Xmaxx but that was the truck that just kept going all day.

Back